• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Facts from our season.

Toddy

Too much time on my hands
Aug 3, 2013
Here are some fact's from the season.
We played 18 home league games,with a total of 5,763 attending at an average of 320.
We played 18 away league games with a total of 3,530 attending at an average of 196.
Our average home cup attendance was 214.
Our average away cup attendance was 127.
Highest home league gate was 541.
Highest home cup gate was 283.
Smallest home league gate was 215.
Smallest home cup gate was 130.
Highest away league gate was 345.
Highest away cup gate was 206.
Smallest away league gate was 98.
Smallest away cup gate was 68.
We used a total of 49 players in league and cup and friendly match's (how many can you remember).
We had 11 league doubles.
Only one team did the double over use.(Nelson).
Our biggest home league win was 6-0.
Our biggest home cup win was 5-0.
We had 3 players with red cards.

Be interesting to work out how many teams whose highest attendance of the season was against us.

As far as league games are concerned every team in our division had their best home attendance when we were the visitors (At Leek their best attendance was 125 for the visits of Hanley and later 1874

We have published an attendance grid in some of our programmes and intend to include a complete seasons grid in a future newsletter (after the last two league games have been completed on Tuesday and Hursday next week)

One more: Our average attendance was the highest of any Step 6 team across the country this season, and higher than every Step 5 team barring Spennymoor, Celtic Nation & Runcorn Linnets

As far as league games are concerned every team in our division had their best home attendance when we were the visitors (At Leek their best attendance was 125 for the visits of Hanley and later 1874

We have published an attendance grid in some of our programmes and intend to include a complete seasons grid in a future newsletter (after the last two league games have been completed on Tuesday and Hursday next week)

That's not correct Brian, Darwen had a "Pie & Peas" day offering free pies on entry which attracted more than our rearranged midweek game there.

Edit: It was also beaten for Nelsons league winning match there.

The Atherton Derby at Colls also beat our game there, Colls away to Nelson, and Nelson away at Holker.

Other than that we set the home attendance record at all 14 other teams grounds.

Last edited:

Not quite. Afc Darwen v nelson, holker v nelson and nelson v atherton beat our attendances at their grounds.

Attendances have been FANtastic and all the other records achieved in our first season will go down in our history books, setting a high standard to follow.

I'm looking forward to the AGM and viewing another set of records, the club accounts, which I'm sure will make good reading and be just as satisfying.

Reactions: Tez
I'm looking forward to the AGM and viewing another set of records, the club accounts, which I'm sure will make good reading and be just as satisfying.

They will indeed. Can someone just quickly clarify if the accounts presented at the next AGM reflect the business conducted during our first playing season or will that be the following year?

They will indeed. Can someone just quickly clarify if the accounts presented at the next AGM reflect the business conducted during our first playing season or will that be the following year?

Our accounting year is July through to June.

So the last set of accounts viewed were up until June 2013?

I will be very interested to see the financial results. My own view is that any surplus should be accumulated to underwrite and provide financial track record for any future ground investment.

I couldn't agree more Peter. FCUM are probably the model for this -they could have thrown money at getting promoted through the pyramid, but instead put the money towards building a home and will shortly reap the rewards for that approach

Apologies for getting things wrong re the attendances above -(memo to self less haste more speed Brian) In my defence I have been working all day trying to pull everything together re next Saturday's Presentation Evening and when looking at the excellent stats provided by PG which are totally correct I misread a couple of things. Thankfully my assistant will be with us soon - NOT!

Interestingly our 10 afternoon league games played at the Barton Stadium have averaged 362 with the 7 evening league matches averaging 275... almost a third more in attendance in the afternoon then and even more interestingly Witton averaged 354 in their 13 afternoon games including a bumper gate when champions Chorley brought 200 fans to Wincham. Appears that 1874 are the most popular local club in mid cheshire on soccer afternoons then...bring on next season...this first one has been incredible, 1874 Northwich have brought so many smiles back..a magnificent effort by everyone connected with the club...next season will be better still with more followers....COYG

The differences between Witton and 1874 is they would have had a greater following from visiting fans (Eg FCUTD) Therefore surely we attracted the greater number of home fans.

Back