• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

FA Vase draw

Tez

Administrator
Forum Staff
Game Player 5
Jun 24, 2013
I presume all of us are hoping that home draw can be conjured up by those fine upstanding gentleman at FA headquarters tomorrow. However if our luck is out in that respect and we have to travel, where would you like our travels to take us folks?
I'm assuming the geographical permutations won't differ much from the ties this weekend - can anyone confirm?

If you want to progress then believe me you don't want South Shields away. Everyone I've spoken to has agreed that they're comfortably the best side we've ever played in our 10 years as Linnets, including FA Cup games against Evo Stik and a Conf North side.

Not to say you couldn't beat them, anythings possible, we came close and feel hard done to but they were certainly the better side. Very strong and excellent quality of passing all over the pitch. They have former Prem player Juilo Arca playing for them on £600 a game, as well as many recent Gateshead, Datlington and Blyth players along with others from around the Northern League.

We've played a lot of Northern League sides (always away) and they're always good, but these were a level above anything we've come up against before.

Cracking people though and so refreshing to see a NL side actually going for promotion.

I'm assuming come next April they won't be on the NPL of applicants interested in promotion though?;)
I'd agree with you Ste, while it would be a great pay day (potentially) South Shields along with their local rivals North Shields and holders Morpeth are the clubs to avoid just yet.

No Tez they are applying for promotion, that's what I meant by its great to see a NL side actually looking to progress as a club.

They will go up because no other side apart from Bishop Auckland will apply so they will only have to finish in the top 3 to go up. But they should win the league comfortably.

kiss of death, this thread - mark my words! ;)
Hope I'm wrong.

South Shields in the final! I would be more than happy with Charnock or Sporting Khalsa in the next round....at home!

Trip to Cleethorpes anyone? :D

Isn't there anywhere closer to Cambridge? BIggleswade or are they in a different part of the draw?

No chance of that just yet :D We'll leave Biggles for another day ;) I think the most local club to us at kick-off yesterday was Godmanchester but they lost to London Conley :(

Wouldn`t it be good to draw Newcastle Benfield - as long as it was at home and see Paul Brayson strutting his stuff again. I see he got two goals in their win on Saturday so he must still be capable of knocking them in.

Happy with the home draw.

Was hoping to play another team we've never faced before, but our matches against Colls are always tough battles.

Maybe I am reading too much into this, but if you look at the FA website and the way the "balls" were drawn out for this round I find it unbelievable that the 5 NWCL clubs that remain are drawn out one after the other when there are clearly 14 ties that are "northern".

Did they just not want any of our teams to travel after the league put forward their proposal for the 100 mile replay??

Just saying!! What does everyone think? Do we trust the FA?

Back