• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Early season predictions

matthew james hardy

Too much time on my hands
Aug 14, 2013
With pre season now well underway and the new signings we have made are we stronger than this time last year personally i think we are despite the losses of Beads Brandon Jackson think we can manage a top 2 finish if we can manage a bit more consistency top 4 i think will be....

AFC Liverpool

Colls

Bootle fight between them and Linnetts for 4th

The order there is just for the top 4 not in a specific order and more wonder if this season we will finish above Colls

I'm probably going to get criticized for this but I think that this season could be a bit of a struggle, yes we have made some good signings but have also lost some unbelievable quality, I think that when you bring in so many players its bound to take at least half a season for it to properly gel so if we get top 5 in the league and win a cup then it'll be a decent season imo

We will win the league by 15pts
linnets, a spent force, will scrape a top 6 spot
afc Liverpool finish 2nd after a slow start.
witton relegated to the hallmark security league

New Mills to win it (sorry Toddy) with Runcorn Linnets a few points back and 1874 a close third.

In the higher reaches, Witton to go up via the play offs and win the Cheshire Cup (Mid Cheshire to be taken lightly as usual :p)

lol!
think you may have watched new mills take too many points last season.....66% I believe!!

My prediction is second in the League and Witton to go into bankruptcy after "issues" with the rental income after the mystery investors decide to stop their investment in JRFC.

1874 to finish higher in our league than Witton do in theirs,Witton will also be beaten by two Dog and Duck teams in cup composition's.We will treat all cup's with respect and not think we are bigger than we are.Also the wrong date on the Witton stands will remain due to lack of funds to alter it.

Ah Josh, I obviously hope you're wrong!

Judging by pre-season sessions and the first friendly, they look 'pretty gelled'.

We have lost talented players through various reasons but that's football. Good luck to them. But they have been replaced by real quality.

No predictions from me, what happens happens but League/cup wins or not, I'll be pleased to follow the 74 again. No better place to be!

I'm probably going to get criticized for this but I think that this season could be a bit of a struggle, yes we have made some good signings but have also lost some unbelievable quality, I think that when you bring in so many players its bound to take at least half a season for it to properly gel so if we get top 5 in the league and win a cup then it'll be a decent season imo
Josh, you have your right to your opinion even if I don't agree with it. For me, yes important players such as Beadle, Brandon and Jackson have gone, but then I feel we have replaced them with some real-quality. A number of our signings are from the title-winning Glossop side of two seasons ago, while others have experience of playing in higher leagues. Players come and go at any football club and I don't believe we can stand in the way of players of the quality of Beadle, Brandon etc... when they have the opportunity to play for a club in a higher league than our own. I for one have every confidence that Streety is building a squad which can challenge. My prediction is a top three finish with Colls, Linnets and AFC Liverpool all challenging.

We have lost a few players ( but that is football ), however there can not be many teams in the country that have brought in players with such quality relative to the level we play at.
So I predict
1) The team will give it 100%
2) The supporters will get right behind the lads
3) We will all work hard for the cause and get what we deserve
4) We will pay all our bills
5) We will again progress as a club

and 6) There is a league and Vase double there for us - no reason we could not do it!

:scarf:Not so much a prediction, more a hope..............Top 4 finish and a long weekend in London to see 1874 win the Vase. Not concerned with our player losses as Streety has done a marvellous job recruiting!

If I may be cheeky........beat Barnton and Colne in the FA CUP :scarf:

Similar to Nigel, hopes rather than a prediction or more importantly an expectation here:
1) Still be in the shake up for the title into the last month of the season.
2) Progression in the FA cup - 1st or 2nd qualifying round would be great, although a tall order this season.
3) Progression in the Vase - last eight or better would suit me fine to be honest.

Finally- Just for Paul ;):)
4) Retain the Mid-Cheshire FA Senior Cup.

Back