• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Deja Vu v Cheating Linnets!!

I think we had a really good 20-25 mins especially Jackson & Chappell but after that we were very careless with the ball.

With Linnets, I've watched you a few times when we've been called off and think you're the most organised and professional of all the teams in our league. Every player fights to win and every pass has a purpose not just lumped up and number 8 Hamid is probably the best player I've seen in the league. Today it's just more frustrating as Ive seen what we're capable of in other games as shown vs Witton & Colne away and for me Linnets should be a game we use as a marker of where we are as a club.

I'm obviously not going to change anyone's mind on here so I'm not even gonna try!

Just came on to say that the penalty was a stone wall penalty, I was 6 yards away looking right at it and once Potter got behind the man there was always a risk. He scores if he isn't brought down. I did think you should of been given some free kicks that weren't given but you also committed so many niggly little fouls.

Also I thought you were excellent in the first half and should of put the game to bed with your chances and there would of been no reason to blame the ref for anything. And you have a super player in Ryan Jackson!

I think it's pretty harsh and difficult to read comments like "play our under 21's v Colne" etc. Our clubs are almost identical in every aspect, supporters have a great relationship and I love having a Runcorn v Northwich derby to look forward to every season. We are both fans run with a great supporter base and I want our rivalry to go through the leagues together. If we go up this year I will be rooting for you next year!
Stebiggy
The " letting Colne win" comment was said as "tongue in cheek" and at an annoyed moment!
We re 74, we try to do things the right way. We will do things the right way!

I hope when we win this league to will be with good football, integrity and sportsmanship not gamesmanship!
If we have to resort to the same tactics that Runcorn do it will be a sad day for our football club and I doubt I will be watching! The reason you had so many free kicks was due to the amount of play acting.

Potter is a good player who would be even better if he spent less time pushing, kicking and whinging!
It didn't look like a pen to me, contact, if any, looked minimal, and the dive that went with it was......well, pathetic!

We will give our all against Colne because we're 74, not Runcorn!!

As much as I dislike Linnets and their blatant cheating ways which they antagonise the ref, I do envy their "do anything to win" attitude slightly. I wish we could develop that maybe not in ways they do but for me we lack winners in our team and won't be challenging for the league any time soon.
I think that's a very harsh assessment. I thought we were excellent in the first half, and if we'd taken our chances, we could have been out of sight. The second half wasn't as good but still not a bad performance overall. I don't think we're a million miles away from Linnets or Colne, all our games against them have been close. Like you said, there is a great core to our team with Hall, Connor, Edwards, Beadle and Jackson. With a couple more signings in the summer, I think we stand a decent chance of challenging for the league next season.

If we play them next year, sorry, when we play them next year we have to wear Green definitely not Claret.

stebiggy I don't think you will win all your remaining games I think you will drop at least two points,and that is the reason you will not win the league,and not our result against Colne,be assured we will do our best to beat them.

Back