• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Damien Departure

Think we’re all saying the same thing, any appointment needs to be someone who will be here next season regardless of where we end up. Just hope it’s someone who has the club ethos at the forefront.

Reactions: Tez
We had our chance with Neil Baker…..but we went down the long winded full / open application route…..and it backfired big time
Don’t think we need to harp on about the past. Don’t think Baker would have stuck by us if we went down. More about what we do next now.

Don’t think we need to harp on about the past. Don’t think Baker would have stuck by us if we went down. More about what we do next now.
We would be clear of the bottom 2 by now… the table does not lie. He has transformed Newcastle … a team we beat earlier this season! I know we can’t change what’s happened but we must learn big lessons from it

We would be clear of the bottom 2 by now… the table does not lie. He has transformed Newcastle … a team we beat earlier this season! I know we can’t change what’s happened but we must learn big lessons from it
BUT HE DIDN’T APPLY FOR THE JOB!

BUT HE DIDN’T APPLY FOR THE JOB!
I heard he watched us three times and offered to help us out …..with respect, when someone with NB’s experience comes along in the position we were in we should have snapped him up. Newcastle’s gain for sure……

There is absolutely no guarantee that whoever finishes the season in charge will still be there come day 1 next season. Its unrealistic to expect people to commit no matter what. Get the best manager you can now and ten go from there - and if you have to go down an informal process to get there then trust your chairman to make the decision

I heard he watched us three times and offered to help us out …..with respect, when someone with NB’s experience comes along in the position we were in we should have snapped him up. Newcastle’s gain for sure……
Says who ?

Ridiculous and based in the past, he’s gone, get over it!

Whose next! People will apply who will stay with us! Pick the best and someone who knows us! Let them come in and prepare!

Ridiculous and based in the past, he’s gone, get over it!

Whose next! People will apply who will stay with us! Pick the best and someone who knows us! Let them come in and prepare!
You make it sound like they’ll be a list of them! As for someone who knows us…any suggestions / thoughts?

You make it sound like they’ll be a list of them! As for someone who knows us…any suggestions / thoughts?
I’m sure there will be a list of applicants!

Last time we went the way of a gentleman with no management experience who was dropping down a league, it failed drastically so now we should look at it and go the other way, focus on someone with experience who first and foremost knows what makes our club special so we can get back to our roots.

We had our chance with Neil Baker…..but we went down the long winded full / open application route…..and it backfired big time
And the reason why we did that was that we followed the principles that we’d adopted from day one. And this is we treat everyone equally and fairly irrespective of their previous record. We back-track on these and IMHO we may as pack up and re-join the vagrants from Winsford!

And it wasn’t the process that was the problem. It was that the chosen successor to Bow and Goody just didn’t prove to be as good as he made out to the Board when he was interviewed

The problem with following adopted principles when it comes to recruiting a football manager risks alienating ‘old school’ managers which is unfair. If someone with a proven record is interested ..why not just interview. The priority should have been selecting the best person available for the job and in this instance I think the selection process failed us. We may have to agree to disagree on this one James

The problem with following adopted principles when it comes to recruiting a football manager risks alienating ‘old school’ managers which is unfair. If someone with a proven record is interested ..why not just interview. The priority should have been selecting the best person available for the job and in this instance I think the selection process failed us. We may have to agree to disagree on this one James
If an ‘old school’ manager wants the job then I’m
sorry if he doesn’t want to put himself through the same selection process as the other candidates then he’s probably not understood the ethos and principles of ‘74 and as such I’d argue that he’d probably not be an ideal candidate anyhow - whatever his track record.

At such times I always remind myself of the mantra that our much loved and sorely missed first Chairman used to say.

“We are 1874 and we do things the right way”. 💚🖤💚🖤

What’s happened to the two Salford boys, I know it was a months loan/ work experience but that could be extended.
Have Salford just recalled them?

What’s happened to the two Salford boys, I know it was a months loan/ work experience but that could be extended.
Have Salford just recalled them?
From what I heard, the striker got injured in the game at Widnes and is likely out of the season. The centre back was recalled for an FA Youth Cup game - not heard if he's coming back.

From what I heard, the striker got injured in the game at Widnes and is likely out of the season. The centre back was recalled for an FA Youth Cup game - not heard if he's coming back.
Thats a shame. We need fresh blood and quickly....

Back