• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Damien Departure

The Board have now made 2 bad calls:
1. Not changing the managers at the end of last season so a new manager could recruit in the close season.
2. Appointing a rookie when we needed an experienced manager to get us out of the mess we’re in.
They cannot afford to make a third bad decision.
Think the board need to bring someone in that will be with us regardless next year. It needs to happen fast. Saturday proved again that if we are to have a chance then we need fresh impetus immediately but has to be someone that isn’t going to vanish if we then end up Midlands bound, must be someone who would fancy the challenge, ideally someone who understands our club and matches our ambition.

Think the board need to bring someone in that will be with us regardless next year. It needs to happen fast. Saturday proved again that if we are to have a chance then we need fresh impetus immediately but has to be someone that isn’t going to vanish if we then end up Midlands bound, must be someone who would fancy the challenge, ideally someone who understands our club and matches our ambition.
A major problem is that we just don’t know which league we’ll be playing in next season. NPL West, NWCFL or Midland League.

Each option presents hugely different options re geographic location of the management team and player recruitment, training base etc.

There are plus points in appointing a new gaffer ASAP, but also many potential downsides.

Not an easy decision for the Board.

A major problem is that we just don’t know which league we’ll be playing in next season. NPL West, NWCFL or Midland League.

Each option presents hugely different options re geographic location of the management team and player recruitment, training base etc.

There are plus points in appointing a new gaffer ASAP, but also many potential downsides.

Surely there’s someone who would welcome the opportunity with the flexibility to be able to do any of the three options James, having the new man I. The stands at the very least would hopefully provide extra motivation in Saturdays 6 pointer, a game we must win I feel or be condemned.

Hednesford will I’m sure have something lined up very quickly.

Sadly made a lot more difficult with the last appointment backfiring spectacularly

Sadly made a lot more difficult with the last appointment backfiring spectacularly
That’s why I think the next appointment needs to be someone the club knows. They’ll need to be prepared for whatever league we’re in. Perhaps we should be asking Ian Street / Bow and Goody about potential candidates.

No disrespect but Prospective managers are going to look at your situation and are not going to be attracted.
Start looking post season to prepare for next season
Would suggest we take a manager now and start letting him build for next season

Would suggest we take a manager now and start letting him build for next season
I would certainly advocate appointing before the season ends, but we need to know where we heading first. Both Management and players will differ depending on circumstances. While I would accept that we need to hit the ground running we won’t in reality be registering players until June.

*1st July

Which is why it's pointless appointing someone until we know where we are. We got a good response with Jonah and Woolley in charge last week - why change it?
Do we know they want it on a permanent basis?

Appoint someone who is experienced and will stand by the club regardless of league next year and let’s help them get set up so next year they hit the ground running.

All I ask is that it’s someone who knows the club and connects with us supporters. That connection between us is what makes our club special.

Appoint someone who is experienced and will stand by the club regardless of league next year and let’s help them get set up so next year they hit the ground running.

All I ask is that it’s someone who knows the club and connects with us supporters. That connection between us is what makes our club special.
Your not living in the real world unfortunately, it's just not realistic that anyone with any sort of meaningful management experience would take us on at this stage and they won't be able to commit until they know the league that we will be in next season as well as their own travel situation

Back