• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Daisy Hill -Saturday

Tez

Administrator
Forum Staff
Game Player 5
Jun 24, 2013
Right folks, big game (though of course they all are now ) against Daisy Hill this Saturday. Due to the odd unfortunate postponement, a sparse programme over the Festive season and of course our self imposed exile (much to the relief of the Management, players and fans alike I'm sure) given our poor spectating record when Nicki and I have attended, this will be the first time we've seen 1874 play since the Formby #bringamate game. Really looking forward to the game, but just to add a little more anticipation to the match ahead, let's talk football!

Missed the away game early in the season (obviously, as we won!), but if memory serves correct, it was a close one which we just about clinched at the death. Are we in for a similar scenario I wondered? Having checked up on their season, I noted Daisy Hill had picked up just five wins, but was surprised to see that they were all early on and that they haven't won in the league since the back end of September. Is that losing run set to continue or are they going to pull that veritable white rabbit (March 1st folks! ;)) out the hat and upset the form book. Wides have a fine surface to play good football on, so will we see 1874 sweep all before them or will that decent surface be a positive for both teams? Most of you forum users were no doubt at the Daisy Hill game and have watched the green (and blacks .... :scarf: thanks) plenty of times this season, so come on, let's have your thoughts on the subject; come on, don't be shy!

I didn't attend the away fixture against Daisy Hill, however I would be happy with a 1-0 win this weekend, points are more important than performance at this time of the season and I'd prefer for the lads to get the job done and pick up maximum points in these type of games, which could be tricky to negotiate as struggling sides could come and play for a point. Hopefully as many as possible will make the journey to Widnes to get behind the lads! COYG :scarf:

Tez, Daisey Hill started the season well but have suffered from the loss of a number of good players to other clubs. Namely Craig Farnworth to us, Sakeel Abdulah to Nelson plus others over the season. They have gradually dropped down the league. I was at the away game and at the time 1874 were very much a work in progress, sloppiness in defence put us on the back foot before substitutions and 2 late goals gave us the win. At this point in the season this is a game that we must, and should win. I have every confidence that we will.
Lets have a good turnout and plenty of vocal support. The run in starts here.

Agreed lets hope for a big turnout and a good win.
See you there.

this will be the first time we've seen 1874 play since the Formby #bringamate game

You've clearly tried - and succeeded - to wipe out all memory of the Rochdale away game! Probably no bad thing.

One of the two victories I've seen was on the Widnes "turf" so I'm expecting big things come Saturday. I think the switch will be to our advantage.

You've clearly tried - and succeeded - to wipe out all memory of the Rochdale away game! Probably no bad thing.
Goodness me, I forgot about that one!! :oops:

Nicki said:
One of the two victories I've seen was on the Widnes "turf" so I'm expecting big things come Saturday. I think the switch will be to our advantage.

Well it's three wins out of three playing at Widnes, so that should augur well for tomorrow. Anything different and I really will start taking it personally :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Hopefully we'll get the important 3 points tomorrow, and hopefully our last visit to Widnes this season.

Excellent result. Can I vote for an artificial pitch please?! :)

Good win for us today, Colls and Formby draw which is what we wanted, We need to get to Colls in numbers next week to hopefully cheer the lads to a vital win.
Not at our best today but 3 good points.

Good win today and formby and colls drawing is what we could have hoped for, still think we can catch up Nelson and formby and have an amazingly tight end to the season, next week is a massive game for us. Also it's intriguing to see how many home games we have in our run but 2 of our 3 massive "6 pointers" are away

Not at our best today but still 3 points and a clean sheet, should have scored a few more but for poor finishing and good goalkeeping. Not impressed with a few moaning buggers in the stand towards the end of the game having a go at some players ............ no need.

great result today and a decent performance, I did think though that we were very sloppy once we got 3-0 up and maybe should of scored 5 or 6 but overall a good performance.

Not a great performance, need to be a lot better next week and take every chance we have! But 3 points is 3 points at this time of the season.

Aston was solid at the back, and happy to got forward - be good to keep hold of him.

Yes a good 3 points, but did anyone tell the players that our goal difference is way behind our rivals. Would hate to miss out on GD. Perhaps we need to be more ruthless and go for the jugular. Nelson and Formby would have won by six goals today against that opposition.

MoM today no question Matty Ward.

I think our captain needs changing. We need a leader, Adam Foy, someone who can get the lads going, talk to the referee and organise. I'm afraid Lee Jones is none of these. Suggestions??? Possibly Aston or Bailey??

Great result at Atherton today, perhaps their injury time penalty miss might have been a little better as we have to play them twice yet.

See you all next Saturday on the 1874 away days!!

Alan I don't know what game you were watching??? Ward was poor today and jones is a great leader!!!

I also thought Ward had a good game. If Aston continues to grow as he has in the last few games he could well be captain material, maybe next season.
Differing opinions just show how we all veiw games differently. I appreciate gd could be crucial, but think we may be to far behind now to catch up. 3pts is now the priority.

Football is all about opinions, DJ, did you really see Lee Jones try to motivate the team today to go on and get more goals. I certainly didn't. Also at Formby when Craig had his ear bitten and players gathered round the ref, their captain was with the referee ours was in the centre circle on his own! I'm sure Adam would have given us representation in the argument.

Agree with Steve that the most important thing is 3 points but just felt they were there for the taking today.

Back