• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

CSC

Tony1874

Too much time on my hands
Aug 1, 2013
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

An opportunity to show those who have yet to be converted what they are missing

Its a real opportunity to invite old friends back to the true spirit of Northwich. COYG
Agree entirely with the above, but I fear that perhaps the hospitality proffered will spurned for any number of reasons by our visitors.

Another historical entry.

Looking foward to this one, was starting to think these County Competitions were being rigged to keep us apart :rolleyes:

I may be alone in this but I hope it doesn't happen. I don't recognise them as a club, they should be gone. They are a disgrace to football and it makes me sick to my stomach that my wonderful club has to play Northwich Vileness FC. I won't be attending as £3 of my money will go to them.

Agree with what you say Chubbs but we ALL need to turn up and show them what we are.
However I can't see them making it into the New Year.

An opportunity to showcase the club with dignity and pride which is perhaps in some respects unwelcome and which may well be thwarted by the authorities in a couple of weeks.

As mark says above I think we all need to turn out in numbers on that night to show our support for our team.

We should all turn out in big numbers to support our lads, I know half of our money will go to Vics but don't get put off by that, this is a chance to show how far we have come and show what 74 are really about.

Don't let the bitterness get in the way, let's welcome the Vics fans who come to the game like every other visiting fan. It's up to them how they respond to our hospitality, but let's not lose our class.

Let's just enjoy the night, support our team whatever the result may be.

As a further encouragement, the match day programme, should be a collectors item. ;)

I know there's the whole half the admission goes towards Vics, but if people didn't go because of that, we would also lose out on £3 as well. I know there's a bit of ill feeling about this, but as one or two others have said, let's show everyone which team really is the green side of town and we are where it's at!

Plenty of comments referring to them getting half the gate receipts, which isn't actually true. Cheshire FA will get a percentage, as outlined in this extract from the 2016-17 competition rules.

17. PERCENTAGE OF GATE
In all rounds of the Competition, the Association may take a percentage of the net gate receipts as decided by the Association at the start of each season. Details of the net gate receipts, showing income and payment of allowable expenses, shall be forwarded on the form provided to the Competition Secretary and opponents within seven days of the game being played. Where monies are due to the Association, and/or opponents, these must be paid within seven days of the game being played. (See Match Expenses for “allowable expenses”). Clubs failing to comply with this Rule shall be liable to be fined.

First and foremost, let's see if they even still exist come January... ;)

Someone has to play the players wages, they may feel better knowing that it is honest monies !!.
I know there's the whole half the admission goes towards Vics, but if people didn't go because of that, we would also lose out on £3 as well. I know there's a bit of ill feeling about this, but as one or two others have said, let's show everyone which team really is the green side of town and we are where it's at!

Also worth noting that the Referee gets £40 and Assistant Referees each earn £30 in every round other than the Final.

Back