• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Congrats to Salford

Fantastic result for Salford and for non league football. I'm made up for them!

would of thought you would of been whinging about salford buying success with their superior team

would of thought you would of been whinging about salford buying success with their superior team

No Colon we all know where their money is coming from and their owners are well respected, unlike J R F C
Zombie FC,
Cuckoo FC,
Corrupt FC.....

A cracking game, real football. A great advert for the level of football that we enjoy so much.
Great oportunity to show football as it should be, proper tackles, missed chances and a lovely heavy pitch.
Credit to Mr Allen, class goal.

That is why I love football. A great game to watch and apart from the last 15 or minutes, it was actually comfortable for Salford, against a side 4 divisions above them. I don't think that could happen in any other sport.

Outplayed, out-fought for 90 minutes. Mind you, Notts Co were very one-dimensional with their long balls into the box - which that Salford defence dealt with admirably (apart from the near comedy goal rescued on the line).

And you could see what it meant to the owners too - good to see ex Premiership footballers getting so involved at NL level. I confess I was a bit sceptical when they first took over, but from this evening and the documentary it seems they are happy to respect the club's roots and their core fans and volunteers, so (note to Colin) there really is nothing much to whinge about.

Salford City actually deserve their place in the FA Cup, no cheating, just passion and a lot of effort.

Well done to all involved!

It's comments like that that just show how you will never get it. Although they have the privilege of rich backers - you know who they are and where the money is coming from. What's more they are clearly doing it out of passion for the club and football. Can your sorry situation say the same? Where are your finances coming from and is it happening for the love of the club? I guess this is where you go silent again.

I enjoyed the game last night, well done to Salford, However It has to be said, could it have been done without the "Owners". In my opinion they have bought wisely in taking over Salford City. Salford City itself is city which is going through a period of Gentrification. This up and coming area only has the one football club and will grow as the catchment area grows. I wish them good luck but I wish it was fans owned.

Back