• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

CoL 1-2 1874

Don’t know how we won it. Only 1 shot all second half -the winner.
Great free kick from Lucas for opening goal.
Definitely a smash and grab win. Very fortunate. But very pleased.

Col 3 1874 1. 56 comments
Col 1 1874 2. 2 comments.

Might not have been a classic, but given the list of holidays, injuries and players playing out of position, a great performance and a welcome 3pts.

Congratulations to everyone today, worked hard and well deserved.
Some outstanding performances out there today.
Yes, a smash and grab, but the lads deserve your support.

Well done to the lads today for digging in and coming away with the 3 points, this has to give us confidence going into a very tough game on Tuesday

First half we were good, second first 20 we were fine, last 30 we had to really dig in and dig in we did, such a nice feeling for something to fall our way!

First half we were good, second first 20 we were fine, last 30 we had to really dig in and dig in we did, such a nice feeling for something to fall our way!
Given the absences and with the likes of Issac and Benji playing out of position I’d have taken a point beforehand.

Excellent first half and it was a cracking goal!

But if they had put one of their many chances away it could have been a different outcome. Buy they didn’t - that’s football!

And not a bad time to score Eric!

I will add we played some nice controlled football first half ,my opinion the better team and could have gone in 2-0 nil up all but for the post. Well deserved lead.
I thought Jamal and Max grafted for little reward but great shift and Lucas Fenton Sam midfield constantly putting in the hard yards.
A number of players playing in unusual positions did well too.
Second half nail biting at times and the penalty save (brilliant Ellis) gave hope against a constant COL threat. ( they will have left last night asking how on earth )
But we all know football and just when you think take a point now up pops young Eric to fire home and the crowd go wild ..
Truly gritty performance in Liverpool which players , management, and fans all deserved. KTF .COYG..

Well then! Just about got to grips with the win from yesterday. A fairly even first half with a lovely free kick giving us the edge.
It was expected that they would come out all guns blazing. Some last ditch tackles a decent penalty save and some terrible finishing kept us in the game. Who could have predicted that ending though?

Our lads really did give it their all so full credit to them in achieving the result. Some special mentions.

I thought our 3 senior players were magnificent, Matty Fenton, Fenton Green and brilliantly galvanized by our captain. Isaac worked his socks off at full back and was a constant threat going forward.

Overall absolutely delighted with the win given the absences but I think we need to be realistic to who we beat, a team below is in the table, and there will be bigger challenges ahead.

See everyone Tuesday and don't forget my Football Quiz at our joint beer festival on Thursday evening. Can't wait!

I was following last Saturday's game on the internet and was skipping around the room with the last gasp goal to win it. I expected a long list of emails to tell me how it had gone and am disappointed that there is so little feedback and here. So it is back to the video to see for myself -but is there going to be video of the match?

I was following last Saturday's game on the internet and was skipping around the room with the last gasp goal to win it. I expected a long list of emails to tell me how it had gone and am disappointed that there is so little feedback and here. So it is back to the video to see for myself -but is there going to be video of the match?
Video now available.

I had a bad feeling going into the game when it was announced we only had 4 subs. Injuries, holidays and suspensions meant we had a new formation with players out of position.
Absolutely lashing it down pre game and rain seemed to get worse as the game went on.
A very good first half. Lucas probably could have stayed on his feet for the foul leading to the freekick. But it was definitely a foul. Really well placed set piece as well.
We very nearly got a 2nd but the ball hit the post and bounced clear.
Probably deserved lead at half time.

2nd half was a different story. Under the cosh for vast periods. Dealt with heavy pressure. Ellis made 3 or 4 really good saves including a great double save. He also got down really well to save a penalty.
The equaliser was coming as we tired and took several knocks / injuries. Felt like we wouldn't be able to hold on for a draw, especially when 10 mins stoppage time went up. They had a couple of great chances to win it, I have no idea how they didn't score...

But then, out of nowhere, Jamal broke down the right getting past their left back, whipping it into the box. Not sure who had the initial shot, but it was saved and broke out into the box. Eric Bryne slotted it into the corner, just past their defender on the line who was unlucky not to keep it out. So much composure showed by the young lad.
Absolute scenes. Players and fans in the corner celebrating, the ref blowing his whistle trying to get the game restarted.
About 90 seconds of tension and the full time whistle went.

Deserved? probably not. But we haven't won games that we deserved to win.
Felt like a real turning point. Grit, determination and everyone sticking to their roles.

Last edited:
Thanks for the description and now the video has arrived in my inbox so I went straight to the end and enjoyed the second goal. The interception that set it up was worthy of a match winning goal. Loved it!

Back