• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

COL | 0-2

1874Craig

Legend
Jul 27, 2013
The first half performance I thought was quite good, both teams should’ve scored but on a whole it was miles better then the rubbish we saw last weekend.

The second half was unfortunately the complete opposite, 74 just didn’t get going & created very little where City Of Liverpool kept on pushing until they were awarded with a goal.

It’s a shame 74 didn’t get anything from this game because we could’ve easily got a point from today. Perhaps confidence plays it’s part during the game, we go 1-0 down & our heads drop, or it could be down to the fact that we have no attacking threat going forwards.

Last edited:
I agree, a much better performance in the first half good to watch for a change.

Never got going in the second half.

But despite the improved performance we still did not manage a shot on target.

Really really good first half and should have been up by one or two (not sure how Olly missed!). Second half the legs had gone and maybe if I'm ultra critical we were a bit slow to get the subs on.

Disappointed with the result but pleased with the performance. Issac and Matty Fenton did well with their first starts in a while. Also Chris McCann who had his best game since his first.

Thought we played ok first half without making any clear cut chances. Don’t agree we should have been ahead - C of L had 2 great chances to score early on and I felt shaded the half. But certainly big improvement on last weeks debacle.
However second half was a massive disappointment. Did nothing and Went back to old ways. No width whatsoever and completely lost any shape. Nothing in attack. Did think McCann had a decent game though.
Our goal difference is terrible. Can’t see any way out of this or in fact any win imminent.

I agree we did well in the first half but no real chances. Second half our older players tired the it was the usual pattern after that.

First half was a decent competitive game, could’ve gone either way. I think we just needed a bit of luck, like the cross across goal first half going in off a backside that their defender did well to stop Ollie tapping home. Get our noses in front for once and try and defend a lead.
Second half, agree with the above comments, I know confidence is low but the body language said a lot. Balls going out for our throw ins and we’re trying to slow it down like we’re 1-0 up rather than grabbing the bull by the horns and trying to force something to happen, again probably down to confidence, fitness maybe. Hednesford lost agin, keep your chins up lads.

Not much to add to what's already been said except that after today it's clear that our problems are largely in midfield for me, Chris McCann did well in midfield with Woolley but both got badly overran particularly in the second half against their midfield who just wanted the ball more and were quicker to interceptions and second balls (we badly need a couple of tough tackling Chappie type players in midfield imo) we have been badly hit with midfield losses with the likes of Lucas Weir Fenton Green , Sam Aditiloye and Jack Irlam and haven't really replaced them (is Andreas Bianga still with us?), up front is actually personally where I think we look strongest atm with the front 3 of Chakwana, Jones and McFadyen looking threatening and looking like being able to score us some goals along with Jamie and Isaac as well to work with (I would like to see Jordao Costa get a chance though as it amazes me how he's usually on the bench and doesn't get a look in) 🤷🤨, just need to keep going now until the end of the season whatever happens will happen

Yes very happy with the first half performance, however I think we just run out of steam once the first goal went in. It seemed as though there was no effort left after the goal which to be fair was coming.

The goal was disappointing with a spill by our keeper but these things happen especially when you are at the bottom of the league. Our 3-5-2 in the first half became 5-3-2 in the second and we rarely threatened their goal.

On the whole it was miles better than last week with certainly more ambition and determination to succeed. Nice to see Isaac and Fenton back who impressed. Still need to get ahead of Hednesford. They are at Linnets next week so we could progress with a result at Vauxhall.

See everyone there.

A very good First half performance. Rode our luck at times, but so did they. Chris McCan put on a bit of a masterclass.

Unfortunately ran out of legs in the 2nd half. Team that had the most shots won.

Could be worse...we could be Sheffield United!

Back