• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Clive Penny

Vicki England

Too much time on my hands
1874 Official
Jul 31, 2013
We have received the very sad news that Clive Penny passed away on Friday. As most of you will know, Clive and Toddy were at the forefront of trying to fundraise to save the Drill Field from developers and were vocal about the direction of the club. Many people admitted later, that they should have listened.

Later Clive became a supporter of 1874 and despite his health issues meaning he wasn't able to get to every match in his later years, he was still a good friend to the club.

RIP Clive. You always has the best interests of the club at heart

Very sad news indeed. Will always be remembered as bit of a character and certainly never short of an opinion?. No doubting his sterling work and commitment to Vics back in the Drill-field days, which i’m sure we were all grateful for. Condolences to his family and friends at what will inevitably be a sad and difficult time.

Clive and I used to share the same dentist and over the past couple of years it seemed that every time I went he was always sat in the waiting room! It certainly helped pass the time talking to him about 1874 whilst my dentist added on 20 minutes to my appointed time slot!

He was very supportive of our wonderful club in many ways and will be sorely missed. Condolences to all his family and freinds. Rest in peace Clive.

Clive's funeral will take place on the 14 July at 12-00pm at Vale Royal Crematorium,it is limited to 30 inside.Further information will be in the Northwich Guardian.

Back