• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Clitheroe 4-1

Edge

Administrator
Forum Staff
5 Game Player
Jun 24, 2013
On the plus side I’ve seen a league goal this year now

Downside, the usual

I thought the ref had an interesting approach to time keeping.

Reactions: Tez
That’s twice in consecutive games that we have conceded 2 goals in a minute!

We had battled hard up until they scored their 2nd with a good header, but then we lost all defensive cohesion in much the same way as what happened in the game last week at Bootle

Again I cannot criticise the lads for any lack of effort and deservedly we got our equalising goal just before half time , but again this game will have given our new manager even more food for thought as to his tough task of rebuilding the squad ahead of next season.

One final comment is that of the performance and bravery of our young goalkeeper. He fully deserved to be awarded our man of the match.

Today’s result is further confirmation of how poor we are.
Little in attack and defence all over the place at the end - again.
Only positives were we actually scored at home and tremendous effort by our young goalkeeper.
Big job for our new manager. (Think I’ve said that before).
Not impressed with some of referees decisions.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Thought there was a slight improvement in terms of attacking intent but then we still created very little.

We were all over the place in defence I’m afraid and Clitheroe had enough chances to score 7 or 8 easily. Young Shorthouse in goal had a fine match and made a number of great saves to keep the score down. Very brave to continue playing after the knock he took. Deserved MOTM.

However, again today showed that the squad we have is nowhere near good enough and the new manager has a big task on his hands to turn things around next season with what will have to be an entirely new team.

Today’s result is further confirmation of how poor we are.
Little in attack and defence all over the place at the end - again.
Only positives were we actually scored at home and tremendous effort by our young goalkeeper.
Big job for our new manager. (Think I’ve said that before).
Not impressed with some of referees decisions.
Or of the morons who applauded the Clitheroe dismissal as he left the field.

Clearly "come on the albs" must have been at our match for him to have a view on the decision to award the M of M to our keeper. Perhaps he was part of the moronish group I referred to in a previous post !
Well let’s face it there is bugger all for him to discuss on the WAFC Tumbleweed forum!

Methinks its because they aren’t the most educated or erudite bunch!😉😂

Hope the young goalie Shorthouse is ok as he seemed to take a hell of a whack but got up to carry on, thought he played well, would like to see him given a chance going forward.

Final word from me is to thank every one for making the sponsorship day such fun. So many good wishes and so much to see and enjoy -Scott was delighted that his idea to go to a game with his Dad as he did 40 years ago worked out so well. He even got to meet James who he had corresponded with on the net, and was in no doubt as to the choice of MOM. We were just delighted that the young man was able to continue as it might have taken the shine off if he had had to go off injured. Thanks again everyone -see you next season.

Hope the young goalie Shorthouse is ok as he seemed to take a hell of a whack but got up to carry on, thought he played well, would like to see him given a chance going forward.
saw him for the U 21s the next day and he was fine as well as performing very well again (3-3 the lads have got steadily better since Xmas which coincides with the GK joining )

Back