• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Cheshire Senior Cup

Tony1874

Too much time on my hands
Aug 1, 2013
Winsford United manage to get the pitch passed for tonight's Cheshire Senior Cup, then Warrington postpone it:confused:

Didn’t we give up the opportunity to play our Mid-Cheshire Senior cup tie tomorrow to accommodate the game tonight?

All very strange.
They played Matlock last night so the only reasonable explanation for such a late postponement by Warrington is if they couldn't field a squad however according to their chairmans last tweet that's not the case, so what other excuse would they have for postponing so late?

20180207_191430.png

Maybe Warrington never intended to fulfil this fuxture and thought the match would be postponed due to waterlogged pitch and therefore wouldn't have to answer any difficult questions.

I'm just pissed off because we could have reduced our backlog of matches.

Maybe in future Warrington should remember the 8 'P's adage..
Proper Prior Planning and Preparation Prevents a Piss Poor Performance

Last edited:
Maybe Bob Hassall knows :)

I can't help but wonder if we were playing tonight would the pitch have passed inspection?

20180207_212438.png

Didn’t we give up the opportunity to play our Mid-Cheshire Senior cup tie tomorrow to accommodate the game tonight?
I don't think you'd have played your MCSC game tonight after the downpour today.
GE

I don't think you'd have played your MCSC game tonight after the downpour today.
GE

Maybe so, but we weren’t in a position to debate that either way in the end though were we, having agreed to rearrange the game to accommodate the CSC tie the night before?
What we do know is the pitch was passed fit for play on Wednesday afternoon and the game still didn’t take place, which given the difficult weather conditions over the last few weeks, is disappointing for all three clubs involved (not to mention the club awaiting the winners of Wednesday’s tie). Whatever the reason for the postponement, it was a missed opportunity to reduce fixture backlog (albeit one game of many); instead another game now has to be rescheduled when there is no certainty the weather is going to improve anytime soon.

Back