• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Chasetown 4-2 ‘74

Jack Owen

Too much time on my hands
Aug 4, 2013
The first half today was very encouraging, the better side on the balance of play and chances created.

However, second half after the game went 2-1, we dropped off and Chasetown deserved their win.

Good debut from Tinashe Chakwana today, Joel Jones was good again, Max played well took his goal so cooly. Andreas Bianga is a top signing, thought Sodhi also performed well.

I’d hope for better fortunes next week but we host top of the league at Townfield. Joys.

Don’t entirely agree with you Jack on this occasion. Yes we were much improved on recent performances in first half (been difficult to get worse than Tuesday night ) but I still felt Chasetown were the better side. Second half very much second best - some very close shaves in our penalty area and at times we were at sixes and sevens.
Surprised you didn’t mention Jack Marrows wonderful goal.
With teams above getting points it’s looking more and more like relegation. Just can’t see where a win will come from.
Ah well !!!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

First half was better than it has been and we at least competed.

However second half Chasetown’s quality showed and they ran out comfortable and deserved winners. A few of their goals were screamers but one or two were poor defensively from our point of view. I’ve lost count of how many times we’ve conceded four goals this season. The defence has to be better if we are to have any chance of staying up.

Positives were we showed more attacking intent and created a few openings and I liked Joel, Max and the new lad all playing together. Bianga is also a quality signing. Most of the lads Damian has introduced have been upgrades on the current crop. You can see what he’s trying to do and it takes time which he needs and deserves.

Hopefully if we can get Fenton and McCann back and bring in a few more players, there’s still hope but time is starting to run out. If Fenton is out for much longer a defensive reinforcement is needed most urgently I’d say.

Doesn’t get any easier next Saturday at home to top of the league!

Back