• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Cefn Druids - HOME - Saturday 30th July

Jack Owen

Too much time on my hands
Aug 4, 2013
image.jpeg Its our last friendly today as we host Cefn Druids for the first time!

Its been a very impressive pre-season so far for the 74, and hopefully we can finish pre-season unbeaten!

So, why not come down to the Barton Stadium, have a look at how the pitch is looking and how well the squad is taking shape ahead of the FA Cup derby game to kick off the season next week vs Barnton!

Last edited:
Decent game draw was a fair result imo
Agree Josh. Both sides had decent chances, and could of won the game in their own right.

Cefn were the best side we've faced all pre-season in my opinion, a Welsh Premier League side with a chance of European football if they finish high enough.

Hope Mark Jones isn't too seriously injured, looked a bad knock. Great to see Mitch back, Farnworth looks very good and Bailey was a big threat once he came on.

Bring on Barnton next Saturday!!

Very good work out for the players, hopefully no one had any bad knocks in that game, seemed to be a few that went of with one.

Also nice to have some luck with the officials decisions, given what we have to contend with in the last two games. It was never over the line (on a day the media are determined to let everyone know about a certain goal 50 years ago, oh and apparently England won as well), thought it was a good finish by the defender though!

First time I've seen the pitch since the end of last season and it does look very good to say the least, hopefully it'll be like that come the winter, or not have games called off rather.

Ball was confirmed over the line by our photographer and cefn keeper said it was over later on so linesman was spot on.

Back