• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Carl Turner

Chubbs

Too much time on my hands
Jul 30, 2013
I learned yesterday of the sad death of life long greens fan, Carl Turner, most forum members will remember Carl as "Carlos the Jackel" and more recently from his posts from his "local" in Basel in Switzerland. Mine and I'm sure all at both 1874 and Vics' thoughts and condolences go out to all Carl's family and friends.

R.I.P Carl, so sad to hear. Condolences go to friends and family and all those that knew him.

Didn't know him personally but he was a legend on both forums. Very sad news, condolences to his family.

Both sad and shocking news. Like others, thoughts and condolences to his family and footballing friends. Sad loss.

A sad surprise. Condolences to family and friends. I hope they keep his scarf up above the bar in Basel in his memory.

As all above, Didn't know him well but always spoke.
Very sad.

Carl was a great character especially in the Drill Field days. He was always a very willing contributors to the club web site in the early days when I was running it. My condolences to his family and many friends. He will be sadly missed.

Sad to hear. Condolences to his family and friends. RIP

Like a few Greens, I didn't really know Carl, I just used to say hello at the games. But I knew he was a ronk Northwicher and was extremely supportive of 1874. I enjoyed following his posts on the Forum and it was great to see that he was spreading the 1874 word abroad.

I knew he was coming back over and was looking forward to speaking to him, yet I was met at the ground to be told the dreadful news.
As others have said, deepest sympathy to Carl's family and friends, our thoughts are with those closest to him at this awful time.

RIP Carl - another good Northwicher sadly gone, but not forgotten.

Whilst I didn't know Carl as well as many others did we exchanged a good few e mails and nice words at football games. He was part of a very strong group of Vics fans and they as well as Carl's family are in my thoughts. As has been said, Carl was on a trip home and part of that trip was to come and watch 1874 play and I have no doubt that he would have absolutely loved the crack and then returned to Badle to spread the good word. My thoughts are with his family and friends RIP Carl - a top man

Very, very sad. Carl always used to pop in the shop for a chat. Great bloke. RIP Carlos.

I learned yesterday of the sad death of life long greens fan, Carl Turner, most forum members will remember Carl as "Carlos the Jackel" and more recently from his posts from his "local" in Basel in Switzerland. Mine and I'm sure all at both 1874 and Vics' thoughts and condolences go out to all Carl's family and friends.
Hi all, great loss to the greens, and only 51!
Carl passed away last Friday, his funeral is next Tuesday 15th April at Moulton church at 11.30 am. Then interment at Davenham churchyard and wake after that at Travellers Rest pub in Moulton. I am sure all 'greens' are welcome.

Back