• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Fundraising 💡 Car park revenue

Les Esling

Legend
Aug 3, 2013
The memorial hall car park holds 50 cars when full (I counted them on Saturday) giving a maximum income of £100. Over the course of a season the average takings are probably about £80 per match. So if we offer to give the memorial hall £80 per home match they should be happy with that. We can then manage the carpark and take all the income. If we then charged £3 to park and stressed to supporters that this is money going to the club we could hopefully fill it every home match generating an income of £150, a profit of £70. Over the season that could generate over £1300 towards club funds. There are 1 or 2 times during the season when there are functions on at the hall on a match day and we would have to give up about 10 spaces for them which might cost us about £40 over the season.
An alternative strategy could be to offer free parking to season ticket holders in an attempt to boost season ticket sales. Either way I think there is an opportunity there to make some money for the club.

The memorial hall car park holds 50 cars when full (I counted them on Saturday) giving a maximum income of £100. Over the course of a season the average takings are probably about £80 per match. So if we offer to give the memorial hall £80 per home match they should be happy with that. We can then manage the carpark and take all the income. If we then charged £3 to park and stressed to supporters that this is money going to the club we could hopefully fill it every home match generating an income of £150, a profit of £70. Over the season that could generate over £1300 towards club funds. There are 1 or 2 times during the season when there are functions on at the hall on a match day and we would have to give up about 10 spaces for them which might cost us about £40 over the season.
An alternative strategy could be to offer free parking to season ticket holders in an attempt to boost season ticket sales. Either way I think there is an opportunity there to make some money for the club.
It is £3 to park there anyway, not £2.

Can we please now get on with discussing the issue rather than when the charge was temporarily raised to £3 instead of £2

I think that's a great idea.

It opens up a few possibilities such as season tickets for the car park etc
Or Free parking for Owner Plus members once or twice a session

Back