• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Bring A Mate

I would like to thank all those supporters who brought mates and those who had expressed their desire to be there but could not for a variety of reasons.
Naturally we would all like to see as big a gate as possible. As always we will review and think how to make this better next time. I would also like to thank Vicki England, Chris Borley and Tony Fallows for their help in publicising this event not once but three times and maybe the on off nature impacted on the various scout / cadet / junior football organisations we were talking to about this. The weather is always going to be a positive or negative factor.

Rest assured #BAM3 will make an appearance in the future.

Would the first game of next season be a good idea for BAM 3?

Reactions: Tez
Or how about the last home game ot the season to either..... celebrate success at promotion.... or.... show our appreciation to the team for a fantastic first season

I think Brian is spot on here, I personally thought we would get 500 but I just looked at the league and we got more than all teams combined in our division. I think that puts it into context for me anyway.
311 a poor attendance Ben?

Not from where I am sitting, especially if we put it into context with the crowds in Step 2 - 4 inclusive.

It was higher than 5 games at Step 2, half of the 34 games at Step 3, all but one in Evostick Div 1 N and S (Prescot Cables v Darlo), all 23 in the Ryman Div 1 N and S (nearest one was 305 at Eastbourne T for their local derby with Hastings) and all bar one in the Calor League Step 3 leagues (beaten only by Kettering). And as others have pointed out, it was also 50 more than all the other attendances in the NWCFL Div 1 put together!

If that is poor, I'll take that every week!

Would the first game of next season be a good idea for BAM 3?

Or how about the last home game ot the season to either..... celebrate success at promotion.... or.... show our appreciation to the team for a fantastic first season

Well, I can't argue over either of those suggestions to be honest.;)

As we reach the home straight of our inaugural season, we need to reflect where and how 1874 came to being and how far we've progressed in such a short space of time. The playing record has been none too shabby overall, if somewhat overshadowed at times by the results some of our opponents have pulled off. Wherever we finish, I think it is fair to say that the lads have given it more than a fair go, something most, if not all of us, recognise. Amidst the triumph or disappointment which lies ahead, maybe ALL our remaining fixtures should be used as a opportunity to show our appreciation for a fantastic first season? ;):scarf:

At least when the last ball is kicked in April, whether we be first ( I'm an eternal optimist :D) or fifth, we can be secure in the knowledge that we won't have a league committee or the FA, sitting in judgement over us as a club and fans; because we're doing things the right way ..... and will continue to do so in future ;)

One good thing to look forward to is,if we finish in the top four,we can enter the F.A.cup(I believe this to be fact,I'm sure Vicki will correct me if I am wrong).What an occasion the first match in that will be.

We need to just keep chipping away and see what the end of the season brings us;):scarf: Above all else, that will be stability.

Thank you toddy for cheering me up massively!! I forgotten about the requirement to qualify for the fa cup next, massive positive right there :scarf::scarf::scarf::scarf:

One good thing to look forward to is,if we finish in the top four,we can enter the F.A.cup(I believe this to be fact,I'm sure Vicki will correct me if I am wrong).What an occasion the first match in that will be.

Toddy, correct as ever! A top four finish will enable us to enter the FA Cup next season. In fact, the application has already been made (not jumping the gun and taking a top four place for granted, there's a deadline of 31 March to apply!).

I just want to say a MASSIVE thanks to Phil for suggesting BAM days and for putting so much energy into the promotion. Top man! This is a case of a supporter having a great idea, the Board listening to it and being grateful that 'the fans' run with it.

1874 - run by the fans, for the fans

Maybe next season a different slant on the initiative? Something to drag in the younger element? I know it's a bit tricky with U12's already being free. Maybe make U18 free if they bring a paying adult? Just a thought.
"Drag Along Dad Day"?

Here here!!!!

I have just been in the local shop for my paper before I walk the dog in the park and the local shop-keep wanted to talk 74. Shows the message is spreading. He used to just be a rugby man!

Thought I'd pop on to share and add my voice to the many congratulations to the club.

Well, off to the park!

What about over 50's free........................................
Yes the FA Cup would be excellent and another boost for our club.
Proud to be associated with it.

What about having a game that's free entry (make a donation if you want) . The regulars will still pay the £5, and it's a great way to get people down

Back