• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Bring A Mate

Driving up from Swansea - 450 mile round trip for me! :scarf:

Looking forward to seeing plenty of familiar faces for the first time since September (BAMD1).

I've still not even seen us win yet (1-1 draw against Oldham Boro on opening day, 1-0 defeat to Formby in September) - I hope that's an omen rather than a curse! :nail

I'd planned to make the trip 'up north' but circumstances have intervened. I'm so disappointed I can't make it.
Good luck to the lads and fingers crossed for a win.

So what happened this afternoon?

Not enough by the sounds of it, very dissappointing makes tuesday a must must win andand means we need formby/nelson to drop points twice

Disappointing attendance for BAMD as well.

Tim, Atherton are no mugs. They were up for the game right from the start, dont forget they needed the win to stand any chance of staying in the promotion race.
A hard working physical side, the game played out very similiar to last weeks away game. Chances for either side
A good cross and a well placed header from their centre half gave them the lead.
He also had a superb game in defence.
3 bold substitutions signaled 1874 intention to go for the win. Brandons goal was brilliant, a goal line clearence and one off the post showed how close we came to getting the win. End result probably fair on balance. We regroup and go again next week. #COYG

311 on a cold and rainy day isn't too bad

Think it's also worth noting that BAMD had been changed around a couple of times.

How the heck can anyone say that a crowd of 311 is disappointing is beyond me.

On behalf of 1874 I would like to thank all attendees for their support as well as an ever-increasing number of willing volunteers - magical!

As for the game as has been said above very similar to game between the sides two weeks ago - no quarter given or asked for a draw a fair result IMO

Tim, Atherton are no mugs. They were up for the game right from the start, dont forget they needed the win to stand any chance of staying in the promotion race.
A hard working physical side, the game played out very similiar to last weeks away game. Chances for either side
A good cross and a well placed header from their centre half gave them the lead.
He also had a superb game in defence.
3 bold substitutions signaled 1874 intention to go for the win. Brandons goal was brilliant, a goal line clearence and one off the post showed how close we came to getting the win. End result probably fair on balance. We regroup and go again next week. #COYG
Fair enough mate, just dissapointed with the result thats all, bounce back on tuesday though! And i agrre with brian, 311 is a superb attendance and people are buying into our club all the time

How the heck can anyone say that a crowd of 311 is disappointing is beyond me.

On behalf of 1874 I would like to thank all attendees for their support as well as an ever-increasing number of willing volunteers - magical!

As for the game as has been said above very similar to game between the sides two weeks ago - no quarter given or asked for a draw a fair result IMO

I think Brian is spot on here, I personally thought we would get 500 but I just looked at the league and we got more than all teams combined in our division. I think that puts it into context for me anyway.

re the FREE raffle:

Brian Winnington won the Inaugural Team shirt

The Umbrella and £10 gift voucher were also collected at the game as was one of the Free Birties Pie Voucher.

Amazingly the other two pie vouchers remain unclaimed (perhaps we had a few veggies in the crowd?!?)

Just expected a few more with it being BAMD, not saying it isn't a good crowd in the context of the league though. I can understand the attendance maybe being hit by the weather and the fact the BAMD had been changed a few times.

Well you were missing the Dorset contingent for a start. 300+ is excellent, BAM or no BAM

Back