• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Big Sam

Chubbs

Too much time on my hands
Jul 30, 2013
....is the new England manager....and we will play 4, 4 effing 2!

Agree, Matt. The FA don't learn... expect a few more years of abysmal failure from the grossly overpaid England football team o_O

Not sue why the negativity!. Big Sam took a load of OK players at Bolton and made them into a team, did the same with West Ham, Sunderland etc.
Every team he's managed has played with passion.....something the prima donna England players are missing.
I hope big Sam proves you wrong!... At least no one will be getting an easy ride!

I'd rather have an English manager than some itinerant journeyman round-the-international-block give-me-a-big-contract "name" (Eriksson, Capello) - and that doesn't leave many to choose from nowadays. The problem is as much the players as the manager - yes, the manager can get the tactics wrong, fail to have a plan B, persist with patently out of form players, play people out of position etc, but there are too many English players who do not see international football as in any way the pinnacle of their career. As for expectations - that's the fans' and the media's fault. We're an over-hyped average national side made up of players cossetted by their clubs and their agents.

At least he should be able to get them organised, something that's been sadly lacking recently.

Not sue why the negativity!. Big Sam took a load of OK players at Bolton and made them into a team, did the same with West Ham, Sunderland etc.
Every team he's managed has played with passion.....something the prima donna England players are missing.
I hope big Sam proves you wrong!... At least no one will be getting an easy ride!

Negativity because he is a dire manager who plays long ball football never managed a top 5 club in the premier league i can go on oh and probably Andy Carroll will get a recall:banghead

I think that this is a very good appointment by the FA, I've always been a big fan of Sam and his ability to be able to inspire and get the best out of what he's got to work with, I honestly believe that we have some very good players in the team and the only thing that they are missing is belief in themselves to perform at a major tournament, I think that big sam is the ideal person to try and help our young players develop with confidence

Personally think that Andy Carroll should get a recall as he's a nightmare for defences to handle, I would have taken him to the euros ahead of Daniel 'made of glass' Sturridge personally

Wouldn't see the likes of Spain Italy Germany with a manager like Sam would you my personal choice would of been Harry Redknapp FA cup winner has experience in European football when guiding Spurs to the Champions League by far a better CV than big Sam

the only person worse than sam would be harry redknapp... trouble is we have no good English managers at the moment...

Wouldn't see the likes of Spain Italy Germany with a manager like Sam would you my personal choice would of been Harry Redknapp FA cup winner has experience in European football when guiding Spurs to the Champions League by far a better CV than big Sam
Would the FA have to include Harry's dog and his financial arrangements in any deal ?

At least Sam has passion and shows it, better than those stuffed muppets sitting on the bench showing no emotion.
Not quite as good as Martin O'Neill but on the way!

Says alot about the state of English football when the discussion is between big Sam and Redknapp..
Don't think it matters who we have in charge, club football is much more important to players now a days

If he was the best available God help us
See if he has the balls to get rid of the deadwood

Typical of the FA to get rid of someone with 100% record ... ;)
Cue reactions ...

Back