• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Big boost for Streety & the lads ahead of Saturday

Tez

Administrator
Forum Staff
Game Player 5
Jun 24, 2013
Nicki and I won't be able to make it :( That piece of news is better than a dozen rabbit's feet surely? Now if that doesn't strike fear in the Colls camp, what will?!! :D

So just to get a bit of discussion going here, I'll leave you these questions to ponder:

Who of the 1874'ers is making the trip to deepest darkest Greater Manchester this Saturday?

If you're not going, what's stopping you? Don't fancy our chances,transport issues,perhaps you only watch 1874 at home or are you a Distant 1874'er who can only make the occasional game?

What will the outcome of Saturday's game be? Do you see a draw being as terminal a prospect almost, as a loss might be to the promotion aspirations of either club?

What sort of turnout do we expect from the 1874 faithful?

Please feel free to contribute, don't be shy;)

Last edited:
I can't go as I'm working. Gutted. Will be at the game against Northwich Villa though.

I will be there, as ever with my flag to show our colours.

Lets actually get some vocal support this time, the team will need it.

Hopefully should be there for my first game since before Christmas.

5 of us going and I would expect between 100-150 think there is a bus as well but not sure what size.
Hopefully loads will make the trip.

We took 150 ish to the vase game, and I'd say this is a bigger game. 300 made the trip to Widnes in December. So who knows how many will turn up?

I will be there. Away games are timed to a fine art. Finish work 1pm, Home,washed & changed. On the motorway 2pm. Atherton 2.50pm. Phew.
Think this is the fourth time in Atherton this season, no sat nav required.
P.s Will bring the flags, green army on tour.

Reactions: Tez
Sadly not. I'll be tuned to twitter and the forum. But ecpect me for the promotion push ...

I think the only ones who'd cheer a draw would be Nelson and Formby.

I'm Really looking forward to this one! It's a massive game for us and the first time we've faced Colls. We looked rusty against Formby in the Cup but were back to our best in time for the Daisy Hill game on Saturday. It's getting close to the final push, starting to feel tense!

Sadly not. I'll be tuned to twitter and the forum. But ecpect me for the promotion push ...

I think the only ones who'd cheer a draw would be Nelson and Formby.

Likewise Alan. Confined to barracks this Saturday. Can only take the relentless roadworks (& queues!) of the M6 and A14 in small doses these days and the Mighty Saints (our alternative viewing) are abroad in Truro :D So eyes firmly glued to the updates, which incidentally I think all us Distant 74'ers are very grateful for.

The weather looks calmer and milder this weekend, with maybe a little sunshine to look forward to ( well certainly here in the Far East). Hopefully that and the fact it's our biggest league game for a while (Villa on Tuesday notwithstanding), so I'd expect at least 100-120 travelling fans as a conservative estimate.

No pressure on the lads, but I do see this as a "must win" game. It'll certainly be a tight affair, but I'd like to think we'll just shade it (wouldn't we all ;)).

I'll be very late getting to the game, so thanks to Guy for ensuring the team sheets are sorted on time! Full bus of greens will be heading up, I've just got to sort my route now....I have no sense of direction!

Here's hoping for great support for our lads

I will have to follow chat link again, I am really missing coming to games this year, but just getting over Pneumonia and stuff so need to get better and have operation in 4 weeks so have to try stay warm and healthy till op or the weather getting warmer , I will hopefully be fully fit to get to games towards end of season, I really believe in 74, I maybe a newbie in Northwich but this club has captured my heart, Good luck for today :):)

Sorry to read that Trevor, hope you and Lorna are backing cheering the lads on again soon :scarf:

I will have to follow chat link again, I am really missing coming to games this year, but just getting over Pneumonia and stuff so need to get better and have operation in 4 weeks so have to try stay warm and healthy till op or the weather getting warmer , I will hopefully be fully fit to get to games towards end of season, I really believe in 74, I maybe a newbie in Northwich but this club has captured my heart, Good luck for today :):)
Keep warm Trevor, all the best to you.
All of us at 74 will be pleased to see you when the weather gets warmer.

Back