• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Barnton tonight

Chubbs

Too much time on my hands
Jul 30, 2013
Another gritty performance and another contender for GotS! Very impressed with Sam Hare tonight. On to Saturday, still top.

A wins a win. Had the majority of the ball but didn't do an awful lot with it. Impressed with Sam Hare.

Thought we were slightly the better side tonight Barnton had a great chance at 1-1 to take the lead fortunately they didn't take it and went deeper and deeper not brilliant performance by us but dug deep to get the 3 points which you have to give massive credit to the lads

Grit and determination are required in abundance when you are top of the league. Every team raises their game against you (especially for a local derby!). All of the pressure was on us last night and we won. The lads never stopped believing. Sometimes, looking at the league table can have an adverse effect, especially with the player merry-go-round at this level. All you have to do is look at the results from quite a few of the other teams in our league one week to the next and it will remind you that Ian and the boys need a medal to still be top and be as consistent as they are. I thought Barnton were pretty competitive last night, much better than their current league position suggests. Although had we got the early goal the whole complexion of the game would have been totally different.

We dug in well and got the result which i think we just about deserved

We need to forget about being top and just take it one game at a time, if we're in the mix going into the new year then we can start thinking about winning it but until then just need to keep winning

Last edited:
Pretty much the same game as earlier in the season. Lots of possession for us and the odd chance for Barnton.

What it has demonstrated is that our lads are prepared to be patient and grind out a win. Great qualities to have going forward. Not a great performance but again they kept at it.

Still waiting for our best 11 to play since early season, when they all play I am sure that we will be difficult to move from the top. At the moment a bit vulnerable. Still results sort of went our way last night with both Bootle and West Didsbury losing.

Also just one other point. It was great to see a free kick on the edge of the area played wide to space. It almost created a goal with a great ball in from Stu Welstead.

Last edited:
Not the best performance but a win is a win and a slightly better crowd
See you all Saturday

Back