• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Attendances

Dennis Pearce

Aug 4, 2013
Proud to be a green today. Wonderful performance that could secure us a top half finish if we win next Saturday….bizzare that a bottom 4 finish could have been the outcome had we drawn today. Bottom 2 relegated but no relegation playoffs next season too….will be a great opportunity to kick on and establish ourselves at this level. Only negative today was another poor gate…..the last 3 home gates since Macc have been very disappointing considering the opposition have been amongst the bigger clubs in our league. Many clubs have reduced their admission prices for the last couple of games…..if we had marketed the last 2 games with bring a mate / family tickets / reduced admission etc I think we would have broken 400 for each game comfortably….food for thought next season…. COYG
Great win, in terms of crowds it won’t be long before 250 is classed as a decent home crowd,sad.

Great win, in terms of crowds it won’t be long before 250 is classed as a decent home crowd,sad.

I thought early in the season the crowds were decent.

Obviously they’ve dropped off recently after a poor run on results.

I think the main focus over the summer break should be to work on attracting new fans.

I thought early in the season the crowds were decent.

Obviously they’ve dropped off recently after a poor run on results.

I think the main focus over the summer break should be to work on attracting new fans.
Andy, I agree with you. One of the biggest differences between us and Vics and Albion is that they have lots of youngsters watching them and I believe it may be a reason why Witton crowds have gone up so much this season. We have a problem in that we are probably seen as out of town (but so are V&A really) so perhaps we should be appealing to the new housing in Winnington and Sandiway as well as Barnton residents.

I think the best way to get new support is by word of mouth from our present base and bringing friends in. Success on the field will not do a lot apart from those who already know of us because the local paper is now such a rag that it tells no-one anything. Perhaps we could offer family tickets whereby the partner comes in half price and the children free? Absolute nightmare of course for whoever is on the turnstiles.

Luckily, I am not on the committee and have to come up with a workable and successful answer to the problem but i am sure the committee would welcome all constructive ideas.

I know it's not any easy thing to do as Barnton get the revenue for food and drink sales but to attract more numbers through the turnstiles and especially the youngsters that we really need it's got to be worth trying a discounted offer. Notts County got 16,511 in November v Yeovil on a ticket offer which was an all time National/Conference league record by 4,000 over their own previous record. Carlisle did an all adults for £10 on Good Friday and got 13.410 v Tranmere which is probably at least double what they normally get.

Some good ideas.

I think if there is a lot of advertisement over the summer for a “pay what you want” for the first home game of next season you would see a very good crowd and create some interest for the rest of the season.

And I don’t think the club would see themselves out of pocket, I’d imagine 90% of the regular 250 will still pay the normal amount.

I know it's not any easy thing to do as Barnton get the revenue for food and drink sales but to attract more numbers through the turnstiles and especially the youngsters that we really need it's got to be worth trying a discounted offer. Notts County got 16,511 in November v Yeovil on a ticket offer which was an all time National/Conference league record by 4,000 over their own previous record. Carlisle did an all adults for £10 on Good Friday and got 13.410 v Tranmere which is probably at least double what they normally get.
Slight correction Dave.
1874 get all the revenue from Food and Beverage sales at Townfield on match days.
Unlike the situation as when we were tenants at Winsford.
Every brew, burger or Berties that you buy benefits the club.
Looking forward to hearing all your fundraising and promotional ideas at the forthcoming Fans Forum.
Details to be announced.

I've moved the posts from the Workington thread to a separate thread so it doesn't all get mixed up.

Our average attendance is 347 in the league according to https://www.thenpl.co.uk/match-info/attendance-tables

We lose an 800+ gate v Macc next season but might be gaining Nantwich & Stalybridge.
Without the Macc and Witton games the average is 286 which is 5 higher than last season and the highest since our second season (13/14).

Unsurprisingly 347 is our highest ever average league attendance 👍😀

Interestingly enough, we only conceded 20 goals in the 19 home games, the 4th best record in our history. A remarkable stat when you think that the equivalent number last season was 36

Interestingly enough, we only conceded 20 goals in the 19 home games, the 4th best record in our history. A remarkable stat when you think that the equivalent number last season was 36

Interesting stat. No doubt the back 4 have been solid all year, the best back 4 we have had I’d say.

Just lacking 2 upfront…

Reactions: Ben
Some good ideas.

I think if there is a lot of advertisement over the summer for a “pay what you want” for the first home game of next season you would see a very good crowd and create some interest for the rest of the season.

And I don’t think the club would see themselves out of pocket, I’d imagine 90% of the regular 250 will still pay the normal amount.
I think we could also target the international / euro qualifying weekends aka non league days…..Sept/Oct/Nov with special deals etc. We should be lucky enough to have at least one of those Saturday at home

Interesting stat. No doubt the back 4 have been solid all year, the best back 4 we have had I’d say.

Just lacking 2 upfront…
But others might argue that the reason we’ve been so tight at the back is because the whole team is better as a defensive unit.

As Andy Simpson likes to say;

“Strikers win you games. Defences win you championships”.

Slight correction Dave.
1874 get all the revenue from Food and Beverage sales at Townfield on match days.
Unlike the situation as when we were tenants at Winsford.
Every brew, burger or Berties that you buy benefits the club.
Looking forward to hearing all your fundraising and promotional ideas at the forthcoming Fans Forum.
Details to be announced.
Cheers Steve, that's even better news then :)

I think we can target pre-season games to encourage more people to come and watch the team

For the home games, why not have a 'pay what you want' or even make it free for all, people are more likely to turn up if it won't cost them anything... promote and flyer the local area, the new winnington village and we may get them hooked.... pre-season is more for the team as opposed to supporters ... appreciate it will cost the club money to host a pre-season game, but the club could cover the costs with 50/50, food/drink etc..

Back