• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Ashton Town 2 1874 Northwich 8 (EIGHT)

josh89

Too much time on my hands
Jul 27, 2013
Was watching the updates on twitter and regardless of us now being a league higher than them it looked like we were really playing some top class football which can only be good for confidence. Now on to Tuesday where we turn over FC United! ;):scarf:

It's going to be interesting to see who starts next Saturday.

Brandon + Short, or Joe, or Beadle up front
And out wide. Connor or Woods or Sakky

Bailey & Woolley for the central places? Razzer on the left. And Matty Ward must be a certain starter.

The defence looks pretty straight forward though -Conky, Mitchell, Farnworth, Aston & Duckworth

Connor wide, Sakky in the middle. Not impressed with Woods.

Has anyone seen this before,Short comes on his first touch of the ball he scores,his second touch he scores,Sakky comes on his first touch he scores.

I think that Daley Woods is a pretty good player but he isn't the most hard working without the ball, are lee jones and danny thomas still at the club? and if so then they should start on tuesday imo, I don't know anything about joe Iganoza but he seems to be doing pretty well in pre season so far.

I'd rather Thomas didn't start, not when we have Farnworth and Asten. I'd go as far as to say them two are the best CB's in the league. Thomas is good, but he tries to be too clever.

And I forgot to mention Andy Hurst as well!!

I've been unable to attend any pre-season games but it seems like we have ourselves a more than competitive squad for the coming season.

This squad will do us proud this season. We haven’t had any clubs come in and hand-pick our best players, they’ve had a full pre-season together – when was the last time we could say that about the team we support? Well good.

Mr Connor & Mr Beadle look excellent additions to the squad… but they are all looking sharp. Loads of attacking options.

Streety will have a right job on his hands when he has every one fit and available at once. Who knows who he’ll go with on Saturday, but we’re starting in early August – this is a long ol’ season and his best XI will be selected on availability, injuries and form etc.

Whoever doesn’t start on Saturday will play their part and will get a full season of support from our great club. COYG.

Totally agree lets hope we get good numbers to AFC Blackpool saturday to give the lads a boost in the first game.

I think Woods would be best as a substitute. He doesn't put enough work in to be a starter. I'm undecided on the better defence combination in centre half back. Aston and Farnswerth are the better 2 at present. Thomas can be over confident and prone to 1 error a game.

I think Mr Street needed to strengthen the attack and he certainly has more options now. Will be very difficult to keep them all at the club but should make for an interesting watch.

I hope we start well. Last year we played well but results did not go too well.

Back