• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Are Witton at it again?

Unfortunately for you I think the player mentioned would benefit us .
Until its confirmed its a rumour.
and of course, maybe other clubs have an interest in him too 🤔

Figuratively speaking 1874 are being cherry picked to death. We have lost so many good players since last season without being adequately replaced. Now if what I heard is correct, I can well understand if some of our supporters would be a little bit upset if the player in question has decided to jump ship if our ‘hour of need’. Talk about the buzzards circling the rotting corpse that some other clubs might see as 1874. Some might say good riddance if the player in question is not up to the fight against relegation. As for me, I hope the player in question stays at least until the end of the season, but if not, life goes on and the team will just have to carry on without him.

Last edited:
Breaking news Witton at it again! 7 days notice on a well-known Premier League manager apparently!

Reactions: pdw
He certainly was a Wittoner, I'll give him that.
I agreed with totally on his choice of club.
I can’t ask you if insanity runs in your family as my father in law was a lifetime Albion fan and my wife followed them for many years before sensibly deciding not to take either side!

I can’t ask you if insanity runs in your family as my father in law was a lifetime Albion fan and my wife followed them for many years before sensibly deciding not to take either side!
Similar story in my Family, all my Dad's side are Wittoners hence the reason I'm a red.
However my Mums side were all Vics fans and staunch at that. My Dad deliberately put a Witton top on me on a number of occasions for certain family visits.
My Grandad wanted to take me to one of the Vics Trophy finals in the 80s but my Dad point blank refused.

Similar story in my Family, all my Dad's side are Wittoners hence the reason I'm a red.
However my Mums side were all Vics fans and staunch at that. My Dad deliberately put a Witton top on me on a number of occasions for certain family visits.
My Grandad wanted to take me to one of the Vics Trophy finals in the 80s but my Dad point blank refused.
In the days when every family in the town were either green or red. Even if you didn't go to watch, you said you were one or the other. And people were strong in their support and 'hatred'.

How times have changed, eh?!

Reactions: Tez
In the days when every family in the town were either green or red. Even if you didn't go to watch, you said you were one or the other. And people were strong in their support and 'hatred'.

How times have changed, eh?!
I have always been a red as those who know me, will know only too well. It was quite a shock to find out my in-laws were staunch Greens. Standing side by side on the terraces provided some very uncomfortable moments for all concerned, especially on Boxing Days when the match was invariably followed by a family tea lol. That said it was all taken in good humour, as always should be the case. I'd like to think that even allowing for all the current difficulties there are still families who share that pain ! The recent 1000+ boxing day gate suggests that there is still an appetite for local rivalries albeit without the scale of yesteryears.

I have always been a red as those who know me, will know only too well. It was quite a shock to find out my in-laws were staunch Greens. Standing side by side on the terraces provided some very uncomfortable moments for all concerned, especially on Boxing Days when the match was invariably followed by a family tea lol. That said it was all taken in good humour, as always should be the case. I'd like to think that even allowing for all the current difficulties there are still families who share that pain ! The recent 1000+ boxing day gate suggests that there is still an appetite for local rivalries albeit without the scale of yesteryears.
I was expressly told "Don't bring a Wittoner home"! 😁

Yes, there is still a rivalry but it is so 'watered down' now. Many of the staunch one-eyed supporters have passed on, and many people (like me) have grown up and have mellowed. Probably after living through some difficulties and respecting how others have gone about their business.

As I travel round and speak to many people in the game, they think our small (but growing) football town is bonkers!! 😁

Back