• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

An apology regarding Matt Woolley.

Blackie

Too much time on my hands
Aug 5, 2013
Recently I made a comment on the Tyler Edwards thread that I would rather have had Matt Woolley leave than Tyler Edwards.
This comment wasn't meant to be insulting or upsetting but that was how it was taken by matts dad and he quite rightly saw fit to reply.
I've have been in touch in stew and apologised for my remark as it wasn't meant to be insulting or cause the obvious distress it did.
As a father myself I should realised how any negative remark, no matter how small it is thought to be by the person posting, can be increased 10 fold when family are involved.
I forget that at this level a club and its players are more personally and emotionally involved.
Matt puts a lot of work in each week, and because he isn't in my personal favourites doesn't mean I should be making off the cuff remarks without thinking.
I therefore repeat the apology I have made to matts dad and hopefully this has been passed on to Matt.
Theses players put in some damn good work and commitment and all for very small financial reward and that should be appreciated more than we do.

Last edited:
Fair play Blackie, we all say things that we shouldn't have said, but it's good to realise that and apologise.

Blackie and I have communicated privately and I am pleased to say the matter is now closed. Some regrets on both sides but we move on together supporting the team.

Just shows my ineptitude when trying to contribute to this forum - if you haven't worked it out Lancylad and Stew W are indeed the same person ! Just couldn't get the hang of passwords, log ins etc .....
Don't worry, active viewer but I don't intend to become a major contributor !

Great to see a satisfactory conclusion, Well done all.

Back