• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Altrincham Cheshire senior cup

Thought the lads played really well tonight only going out on pens after the 1-1 draw. They put a proper shift in especially playing against a team which had National league first team players in it.Well done lads see you all at Hanley at the weekend.
Agreed 100%. Thought that Michael Abeto made a very solid and impressive debut👍

Whilst a most entertaining match, with good football played by both sides, it was nevertheless disappointing that several Altrincham fans behind the goal decided to shine bright flashing lights aimed at distracting each of the 1874 players as they took their penalties. Unfortunately this was not picked up (or ignored) by the match officials.

An enjoyable game last night with us coming more into it in the second half.

They were always going to have more possession but I thought we used ours better. Having said that their keeper only really made 1 save from Matty Fenton's header that I can remember.

Some really good performances though from Abeto and the two Fentons! Isaac again was tenacious in the tackle and moved forward well. A shame about the penalties, perhaps we need more practice??

The wingback system again worked well and after our goal the switch to a back four allowed us to threaten more.

Onwards and upwards now in the league with much more optimism given the recent performances. 4 points off the playoffs!! It's a really close league again the season.

See everyone soon.

Having seen the video I see what Richard was commenting on which I consider gamesmanship of the worst kind. I suspect the ref did not see it but as it is recorded it should be brought to the attention of the regulators or before long it will be happening regularly. I am not suggesting a Klopp but I do think it needs stopping now. Otherwise the result was a credit to 1874.

We did well to stay in the game in the first half. Playing against a National League side using some of their main squad was always going to be a challenge. We more than held our own in the second half and I'd even say we were on top at times. They were definitely getting a bit panicky in the closing stages. Our set pieces have improved massively over the last few games and hopefully is a trend that will continue.

I didn't see the lights being shone in eyes for penalties. That's not on, no matter what the level is.

Back