• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

AFC Darwen vs 1874 Northwich

1874Craig

Legend
Jul 27, 2013
So next up for 1874 is a trip to AFC Darwen weather permitting of course, a trip that I've been looking forward to all season.
AFC Darwen get's decent attendances who normally get between 80 to over 100 people watching them per home games which at this level is very good.
Like us AFC Darwen is pretty much a new club who only formed in 2009 after the original Darwen FC went bust after one of the previous owners had systematically destroyed the club financially but, also discredited its reputation within the town which resulted in lower attendances and a reduction in the number of volunteers that gave up their valuable time to help keep the club running. With debts in excess of a £60.000 it was inevitable that the club could not survive; fortunately the team managed to fulfil all of their fixtures in the 2008/09 season before the club was wound up. It was decided that Darwen still had the desire to field a town team, and although various people had left the club; meetings began to take place to discuss the future of Darwen Football Club. Derek Slater, former club secretary and reserve team manager of Darwen FC, had already set the ball rolling by forming AFC Darwen, a not for profit organisation. The lease was then secured back from the local council and AFC Darwen rose from the ashes.

(Yes I did get that part from the history of AFC Darwen but it's a bit of insight for you)

But anyway back to the game itself 1874 needs to pick up some wins now to keep up with the chasing pack for promotion, there is no room for error now we just need to simply win and don't make to many mistakes. despite Darwen currently lying in 14th position in the league they are more then capable of causing an upset which they already have done already, so 1874 needs to be on top of there game to win and let's hope they are.

COME ON 1874!!!!!

Its raining quite heavily in Darwen/Blackburn area according to my phone, doesn't look too good :(

Just failed a pitch inspection so another blank Saturday in the league

Widnes Vikings vs Nelson is the only survivor is our league, I might pop down there and have a watch.

Also if you want a local game then Barnton vs Cuddington is on.

Back