• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

AFC Blackpool Game Thread

matthew james hardy

Too much time on my hands
Aug 14, 2013
Wasn't there today followed closely on Twitter massive well done to lads on what sounded a more determined performance to get a result than anything else for example the defending again sounds like the pick of the players today were Wellstead and Wardy.

Let's not let the 3 points distract from the massive issues there is on the pitch.

But who is going to explain?. If Ian comes on he will just moan that the supporters are wrong to give opinions, the players are giving 100% and we have not had a stable 11 to pick from all season.

I'm sure defenders/midfielders are being looked at...if they're not we're in trouble, can't rely on scoring 4 or 5 each week because we know we'll concede at least 3. Suppose it's entertainment though!

We really need to sort our defence out!!.
Our two goods seasons have been built on solid defending as we've never been prolific scorers.
Needs to be addressed before we start to play some decent teams!

Wow lots of negativity tonight I wasn't there but our team has just won away from home all be it the defence isn't the best at the moment but the players seem to still have the fighting spirit to come from behind so therefore would like to congratulate the lads on a job well done on getting the result.

The manager that took Norton to the league title is currently unemployed...

Let's not forget the quality of the team we were playing today. They conceded 7 the other day and losing today was unfair on them

And didn't Scott Dundas do wonders with Witton not in Streety we trust well take it not all of us do?

Ok bit of a reality check, finally got a look at the league table (league site is having some issues this season it seems). We are 5th, same points as Runcorn Town in 3rd.
All teams are droppng points here and there. If we can sort out the colinder in defence we will be back to where we want to be.
No offence to anyone we have played thus far, but 3 points on Tuesday at a very good and vastly improved Congleton side would improve moral of everyone concerned with our brilliant little club and we can kick on.
Come on boys we can do this.
UT74

Performance today has been like our recent performances, good going forward, but dodgy at the back, in a nutshell.

Jackson had a good game today, he was tormenting their fullbacks throughout the afternoon and didn't give them a moments peace. While it might not have been the greatest team performance, we have to give them credit for coming back and winning the game. At the end of the day, we've got the 3 points and it sets us up nicely for midweek.

Agree with most of the above. We have huge issues defensively. Like Ashton, Blackpool caught us out on the break and we couldnt cope with it. We need Mitch back ASAP,

Going forward we looked pretty good though and Jackson had the full back in his back pocket all game.

Personally I can't wait for us to be back playing with 3 at the back and see Kirky in midfield with Woolley...

It was quite a bit better than Tuesday. However we have to remember who we were up against. Blackpool were not a good team and we allowed them to play a bit.
Better performance from our captain today. He deserves some credit for keeping the lads going.
I know there are problems at the back and definitely we need to hold fire with some of the criticism until we get a full team back.
We hads lots of the ball today but wasted some of our shots. A bit more composure on the ball would give better results.
Overall 3 points deserved I think but had to work too hard for them.
See you Tuesday

Just spotted Alsager 3 Ashton 3 - some very strange results this season.

Just spotted Alsager 3 Ashton 3 - some very strange results this season.
Lairds 4 colne 0 a couple of weeks back, Darwen being thumped 5 - 1 twice on the spin, early season wonders abbey hey being defeated at he by the same score today. So yes, very much an unpredictable league as of yet where lots of teams are taking points from one another.

Yet despite this and the huge disruption we've had re injuries and other issues re player availability we are still in the top five.

Ok, we are all aware that we aren't reaching the heights we were at this point last season but there were several real plus points today that suggest things are heading in the right direction.

We do need a few more reinforcements yes but I am 100% sure that this is something that Ian and his team are working on.

Let's be a little more patient folks. Rome wasn't built in a day and teams like Enfield and Scarborough all took a few years to get out of this level.

Mitch is a big loss. But a team should t crumble like this because of an injury.

Don't forget 2 months ago these very players were offering up performances like the one against Colls, arguably the best we've ever played. Fast forward to now and were robbing points of Blackpool... Somethings no right.

One thing I did notice is the Blackpool manager constantly shouting instructions and encouragement.

Back