• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Abbey Hey

Edge

Administrator
Forum Staff
5 Game Player
Jun 24, 2013
Good performance & looked more solid with the 4-4-2 with the full backs adding the width.
And thought Matt Woolley had his best game for a while as well.

Not ideal to have two central midfielders on the wings but thought we were the better team and deserved the 3 points, really like the combination of Mark Jones & Sam Hare in the middle, I know that we've got some great attacking options but I would like to see us play with a midfield 3 of Woolley as defensive midfielder and Hare and Jones in the middle, this would mean only playing one up front though either Tom or Scott

Scotts opener
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Nice balanced performance. Not quite the flair we've had the past couple of seasons this year but replaced that with a great determination and a knack to win games we wouldn't have done last season.....well done ;).
Looking forward to next sat and a ground I haven't been to yet :scarf:.
And a higher attendance than witton managed in the trophy today :p.

Reactions: Ben
I keep seeing Tom credited with the 2nd goal - wasn't it an OG?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I think so Edge, Goalie deflects defenders clearance into the net, but I'll let you tell Tom it's not his goal!

A good performance from us today and a deserved win. Greg had only a couple of routine saves to make and we had the vast majority of possession. A good finish from Scott and definitely an own goal for the second.

Some nice football played today and again it came good in the end. Grateful for the second as you never know (Irlam).

A fair attendance as well.

Sounds like another good win for the lads. Great to see the attendances starting to pick up again. Really looking forward to West Didsbury away next Saturday! It will be my second visit there:scarf:

Shame I had to leave early, but up until then I thought we did quite well with a lot of good build up play, but a combination of not a great final ball, or not getting the rub of the green stopped us from scoring earlier than we did.

Games against Abbey Hey don't tend to be quite easy though, so it was good that we were mainly the ones controlling proceedings and restricted them to few chances (don't tell me they had a host of chances after I left) on goal.

Nice to see the attendances creeping up as well. It is what you get with winning football, long may it continue. :scarf:

It's only when you watch the goals back you appreciate how good some of our link up play and passing is.

Good attacking football by us and "keeping it on the deck" showed the potential that we have, keep it up !!.

Shows how much the pitch has improved as well

Agreed the pitch looks really good
Well done to all involved
Good win yesterday
See you all Wednesday

Back