• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Abbey Hey matchday thread

I'm going for 4-1 to Northwich and a tad over 300 in attendance.

5-0 to 1874 (If we turn up all guns blazing) attendance of around 320!

Good shout @Callum1874

3-0 & 278
It could have been a few more as well.

Beadle was man of the match for me, but I thought Callum Woods had a very good game too.
Tandy was the official MoM, some very good passing & crossing but needs to work on his fitness

Chappell looked good as well getting forward from midfield with Jones & Woolley keeping things tight.

Decent showing.

Beads was great as always, as was Woolley and the new guy Chappell.

Tandy was my man of the match, so much better, did he even make a mistake today?

Liked the new formation with 3 atbthe back and 2 wing backs.

It was noticeable how much more control we had upfront when Brandon came on, and start with him and beads.

Thought we did a solid job, we could and should of scored more but we were good enough

Tandy is fatter then me, sorry but when we play a good team he'll get found out. Man of the match Matt beadle. Welcome back!

Chappel did ok, but he's not as good a Baily!

Back three looked solid and what a find the new right back is!!!!

Sorry 1874eva, got to disagree.
Tandy certainly has skill, time will tell whether he applies himself but his deliveries from wide were superb.
Chappel is class and I look forward to him linking up with Beadle and Brandon. Agreed Bailey is also an excellent midfielder, it will be interesting how Ian decides to fit everyone in.
Thought the right back struggled first half but played very well when pushed forward in the second half.
All credit to Ian, he is assembling an impressive squad, all credit to him and the players.

Beadle class once again, his movement, touch, heading and link up play makes us so much more potent. Tandy showed his quality with some excellent crosses and once he gets a run of games under his belt he will prove a good addition.

Ward looks back to his best after an indifferent start and the midfield grew into the game; Chappell showed a lot of promise.

Win our next two games and we will be right on Runcorn's tail.

One thing that stands out from the few games we have played so far is the startling gap between teams at the top and the bottom. Abbey Hey, Blackpool and Barnoldswick have been very poor. Last season the teams at the bottom gave us much more difficult matches, most notably Flixton Villa and Eccleshall at home.

That said we are getting a very good side together and top five is definitely achievable.

Roll on Tuesday!!

Spot on Steve, in Tandy we finally look like we've found someone who can deliver a decent corner or set piece, been really lacking someone who can beat the first man. I thought that when we played Maine Rd in two cup games last season that Neil Chappel was the main difference between the two sides, looks to be an another excellent signing :)

Enjoyed today's match, some good entertaining football played, deserved result which on paper with 4 games in hand and a possible 12 points up for grabs puts us joint top!

For those concerned about my Granddaughter, she's fine, checked out at NRI slight bump on head but OK.

Thats good Tony, Yes good performance but slightly disappointed not to get over 300 but 278 is still very good.
lets hope for a good following on tuesday.

Yes a very good squad being assembled, The difficulty will be keeping them all happy.

What I find unusual is our two Saturday league games are the two lowest attendances. But when you consider the time of year they're still very good. Keep playing like this and they'll only grow.

Good result, thought chappel played well and made some intelligent runs to get behind there defence, in fact thought everyone had a decent game.
Took my 3 year old to his first ever game and he enjoyed it and keeps asking to go again, just have to ask his uncle mat in nets to curb his swearing a bit lol.

Back