• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

A salient lesson here.

Interesting article Chris. Don't mean to appear obtuse, but what's the salient lesson here?

Merely the point that elected officials should always keep in mind their roots and reasons for standing in the first place. FC have been going for 11 years and this is the first time they have been "struggling" on the field and it seems to have exacerbated a few in-house problems.
Our board imo are doing fine and dandy as far as I'm concerned at the moment but the need to keep the eye on the ball is ever present as has been demonstrated by the threads on the groundshare this week. Also need to be wary of people standing for the board for the wrong reasons (ie self interest).
At the end of the day just a reminder to us all that maybe we should be thankful for what we have and to keep focused on what we want.

Indeed Chris, thanks for elaborating on the point.

However nothing wrong with there being a healthy debate on an issue that matters to fans occasionally ; obviously opinion differ sometimes, as we would expect it should. After all if we all felt the same or just didn't question things occasionally and just meekly followed, then we wouldn't be where we are now either.

Reactions: Ben
Indeed Chris, thanks for elaborating on the point.

However nothing wrong with there being a healthy debate on an issue that matters to fans occasionally ; obviously opinion differ sometimes, as we would expect it should. After all if we all felt the same or just didn't question things occasionally and just meekly followed, then we wouldn't be where we are now either.
Yeah that too.

If we didn't question things occasionally and just follow meekly we would support JR and his private football club.

Reactions: Ben
I think there is a lesson here and I agree with Chubbs, as the club grows it is harder to keep egos and ulterior motives out of it.

Back