• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

A Request

Chubbs

Too much time on my hands
Jul 30, 2013
Could I start by saying, yes we had a very bad day today, one of the worst for me as a 74 fan since we started this adventure 4 years ago.

BUT, some of the "encouragement" from some of our fans in the second half did us no favours and did absolutely nothing to gee up the players to do better. In fact it does the opposite. Football is a game of not just physical skill and strength but of mental strength also.
Negativity breeds negativity.

So...to the request in the title of this thread.
As our cameraman, I am trying to develop our outward appearance to the Northwich community in a positive and professional manner, to get bods through through the gate and develop a feeling of togetherness. This is made an awful lot harder if people in earshot of the microphone do nothing but deride and lambast the players. So could I ask respectfully if you see me filming and things aren't going our way and wish to continue your criticism of our players and manager to please move away from me out of general earshot.
It's a lot easier for you to move than for me to move all my equipment and cases etc.
Thanks in advance,
Chubby.

Think the fans have a right to have there say if they weren't happy with the performance who have spent hard earned money to travel there today just depends on what level the abuse was Chris? wasn't there today so don't know what scale it was on also it's football so what do you expect?

On a seperate note obviously we are going to have days like this as a club we have no given right to win any game of football am 100% certain the lads will bounce back from this starting on Tuesday evening who knows this heavy defeat could do us some good as silly as that sounds.

Must admit today, despite the result I didn't hear many negatives. I find they tend to come from the same 2/3 people.
I shout encouragement when things are going well and walk away from the fence to have a quieter moan when they aren't!
Players don't play badly on purpose.

The point I was trying to make Matthew is that for me, it makes my job all the harder to edit out all the derogatory comments. Maybe I should leave them in? What would that achieve? You are the media expert after all. As I said if you want to criticise move away from me, it's easier for you to do that than for me. That is all I am asking though I would add that what do you think you will achieve by shouting negativity.
Up the '74

The players deserve it today Chris! They were dreadful, worst I've seen us in all our time as a club

We are going backwards!!!

DJgreensfan, I don't think they were any worse than in the first hour at Congleton which was only 4 or 5 days ago so you are being a little unfair. I do get exasperated when we pass the ball into touch or straight to opponents but I try to keep my criticism muted (of our team but not of the opposition or occasionally the ref!). I got bollocked best part of 20 years ago for giving Darren Viccary heavy criticism and it was pointed out to me that such criticism would not help the players but probably the opposite (thanks Ken).
I agree with Chubbs that we have to keep the criticism muted - and OTT criticism was there yesterday as I overheard Vicci complaining about it at half time.

The players deserve it today Chris! They were dreadful, worst I've seen us in all our time as a club

We are going backwards!!!

I think some people forget the level that we are playing at. These players do not get paid the thousands of pounds that players do in the Premier League, this is not their main job, they play through their love of the game and will never play badly on purpose. I'm sure the team are more disappointed than we are fans, but nobody deserves abuse for playing badly in a game of football. 3rd game of the season, how you can say we are going backwards off one performance is just madness. Back the team, don't get on their back after one loss.

And Mark completely echo your comments, Chris does a fantastic job as a volunteer for our club and without his filming and editing (with Trev as well) then I'm sure there would be many fans who don't get to see how our team have played, regardless of the result. Shouting abuse near the camera doesn't portray a good image of our club, we are trying to come across as a family club, and that isn't the way to do it!

Rant over.

Back