• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

74’ vs Avro

Such a cop out. Being held to ransom by supporters staying away is bleak. Financially damaging to the club when we have to scrape for every bit of potential income. Criticising and complaining after less then a minute into games.
Even yesterday, there was no noise until we scored. That's not a result of the previous management.

To have such a bolstered crowd vs Bootle to then over 100 fewer yesterday is not the previous management's fault. Playing better football over the last 3 games has gained us 0 points. At least we were playing ugly and getting points before.

Even when we played good football and had winning runs under Bow and Goodie people were complaining so it's not as if it was a new thing phenomenon when the form dipped this season.

The board consistently say that they are open to ideas. They get nothing.

I've tried to push and promote the Boxing Day game as a key home fixture to target a big, big gate that will drive revenue and financially benefit us. All I get is negativity.

Continuously blaming a past management team who are responsible for getting us to the highest level we have ever played and never suffered a relegation is a dangerous habit to fall into. We can't move positively forward if all we get is negativity.

Good evening everyone. Let me give you my thoughts on yesterday's match/performance.

A thoroughly enjoyable game that kept my attention all the way to the last whistle. Football can be so cruel sometimes and I felt that in both our last 2 games we deserved at least a draw.

Yes, McCann was a stand out man of the match with his time and poise on the ball. But he really did inspire Lucas to have his best game in ages. We all knew Lucas has the talent but he took on so much defensive responsibility in previous games, however yesterday he was given the freedom to express himself and he did it in abundance. I agree with some of the previous comments in respect of our defence, which looked fairly solid until the mess of the first goal. Unfortunately this did change the game and we just couldn't hang on with Avro pressing so much.

I would also like to mention Jamie who sometimes does get carried away with his dribbling but yesterday I thought he had his best game both in an attacking force and defensively. He tracked back more than I had previously seen and with more coaching and encouragement I think he can be a real asset to us.

In respect our attacking I think it was clear for everyone to see that this is the area that we need to improve drastically. It really isn't enough to hit balls to a lone striker and expect him to flick them on to himself. The striker needs to work with his midfielders to agree which tactic we are playing. If you are playing to his head then he should be capable of firstly winning it and finding someone with the header. I'm afraid we don't have the person to play this game in my opinion. If you play a "small" striker then much more running off the ball is required as per a certain "Mr McGowan" who in his day was perfect at it. Do we have this player? We certainly don't have the former I'm afraid.

The tremendous effort put in yesterday by all the players was there for all to see and was encouraging and I am sure any potential manager watching yesterday would have been impressed and certainly thought he had something to build on. The next week will be very interesting for the club with a new manager coming in together with the AGM which for me go hand in hand. There are no surprises for any future manager, it is all out in the open and I am sure our board will make the correct decision.

See everyone next Saturday.

Their keeper was proper dodgy. If we could have just had a couple of potshots from the edge / outside of the area, he definitely would have fumbled them.

3 pages & no one has mentioned the rubbish numbers that Avro had on their shirts.

3 pages & no one has mentioned the rubbish numbers that Avro had on their shirts.
I had my say on the tannoy about them! Why do some clubs have shirts like this where you can't read the numbers under the lights (and bad enough in daylight. These were probably not as bad as Colne's last season.

Back