• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

74 v Vauxhall

Couldn’t make it, so can’t comment on performance, but a 2-0 win with 10 men is always a good sign.

Glad to see a new formation being used and clearly working

Yes the lads put a real shift in and was great to get the win, nice to see over 200 as well.
COYG

A really gritty display by the boys today. Motors put us under a lot of pressure especially in the first half of the first half but our defence dealt with it admirably.

Well where to start.

Credit where it is due. The managers have listened and changed the system as well as signing some more attacking options which has improved the team.

The three at the back is working very well with Isaac and Jamal on the wings and two up top in Max and Matty. Isaac was fantastic again and Matty had a promising debut. The whole balance of the team looks far better. Big improvement since the CoL trophy game and we seem to be getting better each game. That’s three wins in four league games.

The game today I thought we battled well with ten men and largely kept Vauxhall at bay. I thought they offered very little in the final third. Other than that effort off the post we were largely untroubled and ended up winning quite comfortably in the end.

At the start of the season, I was worried with some of the players we lost and the way we started at Ossett and against Kidsgrove, as well as persisting with Jack up top which wasn’t working. However, as I said to their credit the managers have listened and changed things up and we look a lot better as a result.

Other than a few games, we’ve competed well and 11 points from 9 in mid table is a respectable start and 7 points clear of the bottom two. I’ve seen enough to think that we will be okay. The good thing is we are beating teams who we need to be winning against. I think the whole team has a lot of potential and will only get better.

A big well done all and let’s push on now!

Happy with the win and massive 3 points today: We were up against it when we went down to 10 (never a red for me - how you can be penalised for an opposition player pushing you into a collision is beyond me)
Lots of pressure by Vauxhall but gritty and determined defence today. Absolutely solid at the back today with some good saves from Ellis too.

Great pen by Lucas and Matty Fenton… that goal capped off an excellent performance from him!!

Let’s capitalise on this and continue building and working on new things as the season goes on COYG

I thought we were really under the cosh in the first half with something like 10 shots to 2 in their favour. The sending off looked really harsh (but i was a long way off). The liner at the top end was poor, and not up with the play and got quite a few calls badly wrong. For some reason he threatened to have sweet innocent little me removed from the ground - that might have been a first.
We were much better in the second playing up the hill and although they still were attacking us they could not complain about us deserving it in the end.

I thought we were really under the cosh in the first half with something like 10 shots to 2 in their favour. The sending off looked really harsh (but i was a long way off). The liner at the top end was poor, and not up with the play and got quite a few calls badly wrong. For some reason he threatened to have sweet innocent little me removed from the ground - that might have been a first.
We were much better in the second playing up the hill and although they still were attacking us they could not complain about us deserving it in the end.
I think he didn't like being told he was wrong which he was on several occasions due to his inability to keep up with play.

Another good performance today and we got a little bit of luck with the shot that hit the post unlike on Tuesday against Mossley.

A Vauxhall supporter called us cheats because it was never a penalty,like it never was a sending off.

Really good effort and determination to get the 3 points today after a terrible red card decision against us from a shockingly awful referee, I actually thought that we were fairly sloppy in the first half and seemed to be slow to adapt to the new formation and Vauxhall seemed to be quicker in the press and to loose balls, second half we were much better overall and the red card honestly didn't seem to affect us that much and if anything I thought we were better after that because it gave us an added focus and determination to try and get a result which wasn't there in the first half (though as I said it was a awful decision)

I didn't think the ref made any decision that he didn't think through.
The sending off was wrong imo and if their keeper was knocked out, as was portrayed, he should have gone to hospital and been replaced. Those are FA rules.
He wasn't, so good for him. I'll leave you to draw your conclusions.
Anyway we won 2-0 so stuff em.
Only bad thing is we'll lose Sam for 3 games .

I didn't think the ref made any decision that he didn't think through.
The sending off was wrong imo and if their keeper was knocked out, as was portrayed, he should have gone to hospital and been replaced. Those are FA rules.
He wasn't, so good for him. I'll leave you to draw your conclusions.
Anyway we won 2-0 so stuff em.
Only bad thing is we'll lose Sam for 3 games .
Hopefully not if we appeal it, it was never a red

Other than the red, I don't think the ref got much wrong today. And fair play to him for coming over and explaining it. IMO he was wrong, but I'll take a ref like that any day of the week.

On our performance, I thought we still had a few heart in the mouth individual errors, but overall we out-worked them. It's especially impressive to still outwork them when we went a man down. We were well deserving of the win, and actually could/should have had more.

I'd also shout out for Isaac, who is really looking good as a wing back, and also for Jamaal who I guess found out he was playing further back than normal at really short notice.

Other than the red, I don't think the ref got much wrong today. And fair play to him for coming over and explaining it. IMO he was wrong, but I'll take a ref like that any day of the week.

On our performance, I thought we still had a few heart in the mouth individual errors, but overall we out-worked them. It's especially impressive to still outwork them when we went a man down. We were well deserving of the win, and actually could/should have had more.

I'd also shout out for Isaac, who is really looking good as a wing back, and also for Jamaal who I guess found out he was playing further back than normal at really short notice.
Re the ref I must have been at a different game because I honestly thought he was one of the worst I've seen since we were in the counties tbh

That ref (who reminds me of Dudley Moore!) has taken charge of several of our matches and I hate the way he always goes out of his way to be centre stage. At one point today the fan next to me shouted some derogatory remarks to him and he turned to look at him and gave him a thumbs up instead of concentrating on what was going-on on the pitch. It’s as if he thinks abuse is a sign that he’s doing a good job. The best referees are the ones that go through a match virtually unnoticed.

Just a quick thank you to everyone for supporting the boost the budget football cards. We completed 2 yesterday so there were two winners each getting £20 each. One of the winners duly went and spent it all at the beer festival what a good guy 👍

Back