• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

74 4 -3 Worky

Edge

Administrator
Forum Staff
5 Game Player
Jun 24, 2013
Beer Celebrate GIF by 43 Clicks North

What a game and what a performance from 74. Before the game I had a good feeling about how it was going to go but when they scored after 11 minutes I wondered. But the boys never gave up and 2 good goals in the first half followed by 2 lobs of the goalie in the second (who always looked vulnerable to these) gave us the points, although the end was a long time in coming with nearly 6 minutes of added time.
I think the team has looked so much better ever since half time at Hanley when Sam came on. I think he has made a big difference to us. And Jack as always worked his socks off today and got 2 goals he thoroughly deserved with Joe at last getting back on the score sheet.
With the other results going for us we are now safe from any chance of a bottom 4 finish and it looks as if we will be seeing our old friends at Christmas again as they are now not able to get into the play offs.

Brilliant performance today from the lads and I think that the scoreline flattered Workington considering we pretty much gave them their first 2 goals, agree that we look so much better with Sam in midfield with his strength and forward runs (hope to see him in the centre of the pitch alongside Jack Irlam next season with Woolley sitting at CDM protecting the back four), happy for Jack to get a couple of goals today to go with his usual hard work up front 👏

Phew !!
Todays result made up for all the suffering of past few weeks. We really played well again but this time scored the goals that our play deserved.
Don’t know if Collins was injured but I felt Jack Marrow made a difference. And yes agree that Sam Adeltiloye has improved our midfield.
Anyway I can now go to our last game at Widnes feeling a lot more comfortable.
Well done to the team today.

Fantastic win today and deserved. Felt we easily could have scored a few more. A big performance when it was needed.

Nice to see us take some chances after the previous two matches against Clitheroe and Witton.

Another season in this league secured and more tussles against our friends down the road to look forward to.

Well done all! We can all enjoy the final game of the season now.

Up the 74!

Really good performance today that. Totally deserved the 3 points!

Said it before and I’ll say it again. Sam really makes a difference in the middle for us - still can’t fathom how he was kept to the bench for so long… really hope he sticks around for next season. Joe and Jack Irlam had great games too. Jack Marrow quality for us second half stepping into an important game, credit to him for that!.

Only negative for me, the foul to concede the penalty was very poor and naive, at 2-1 up and what was at stake, could’ve really cost us.

A great performance from the lads today, their concentration and determination was second to non.
Just thought our vocal support was lacking for such an important game though.

A thoroughly deserved win, all credit to the lads today. They didn’t give up and they never stopped working.

I have to admit I did think it wasn’t going to be our day with the two goals we gave away, I think both were sloppy. But the second half, cannot fault the lads at all.

It’s been said many times over the last few weeks already, but we look so much better with Sam in the team. The management has to do whatever it takes to keep him here next season. With him being benched for most of the season and sent out to Ashton on dual reg, I think it will be difficult unless he can get the reassurances from the management that he is a nailed on starter.

Great to see Witton staying in this league too, no less than they deserve after their spawny win on Monday.

Proud to be a green today. Wonderful performance that could secure us a top half finish if we win next Saturday….bizzare that a bottom 4 finish could have been the outcome had we drawn today. Bottom 2 relegated but no relegation playoffs next season too….will be a great opportunity to kick on and establish ourselves at this level. Only negative today was another poor gate…..the last 3 home gates since Macc have been very disappointing considering the opposition have been amongst the bigger clubs in our league. Many clubs have reduced their admission prices for the last couple of games…..if we had marketed the last 2 games with bring a mate / family tickets / reduced admission etc I think we would have broken 400 for each game comfortably….food for thought next season…. COYG

Agree with all the above, the lads deserved the win after doing so well in the last few games and coming out with nothing, be nice to go next week without worrying about the possibility of relegation.

I think yesterday summed up our season.
Some good, some less good.

Since Mossley, we've created a lot more chances but still managed to concede some sloppy goals.
We were on top at the start then gave a soft goal away and after that, I didn't see Workington letting us get back into it.
But then Liam gets forward & wins a corner. That leads to another corner & Matty putting us level.
The next thing you know we're 2-1 up & in control.
Cue some more bad defending and it's level at halftime.

I don't know what Workington had in their half time tea but they didn't get started at all in the second half.
In the end we run out comfortable winners - if you can call 7 minutes of injury time comfortable.

Luckily, I am not on the committee and have to come up with a workable and successful answer to the problem but i am sure the committee would welcome all constructive ideas Just a comment from me about ideas etc
Hi all,

We know that supporters have been talking about a get together, and we on the Board have been too. As soon as the last game is played, this will be arranged.

Loads of great suggestions, loads that we could/would like to take forward. We know ourselves, areas that need more focus on and where we want to improve as a club. But.....we need help!

It takes so much to run 1874 and with us having day jobs and families, then a football workload on top, we don't always have the necessary time to do everything we want to do. Not enough hours in the day, is the old cliché! :) But this is where 1874 Members and Supporters can assist! Let's have a chat after the season ends, and after the Legends game etc.

In the meantime.... "GET IN GREEN BOYS"!! What a great performance and result. And if results go our way by next Saturday, we could finish mid table again. It has been a mad league! We've honestly got a fantastic set of lads, who care about the club. We know what they can do, sometimes it's not come off for them (deserved/not deserved) but we have a great platform to build from for next season.

See as many of you as possible next Saturday, to cheer the boys on to the end.

Then try and get to the Legends game on the 30th (team sheets soon!) and let Richard Stockton know about the Presentation Evening on 6 May. Both events should be good.

We have so much to be thankful for, we do have a great little club 💚🖤

#UTStep4SG :scarf:

Agree with most of the above, I’m not sure if it’s an issue with us being seen as out of town however. We simply don’t do enough to advertise ourselves in the local community these days.

We should be out in the schools etc making a song and dance to the kids to come down (they’re the future!)

We’ve also got a massive catchment in the Winnington urban village right on the doorstep too with lots of families with young kids, get stuff through our doors and let them know we have games.

Reactions: Ben
First of all congratulations on what appears to have been a convincing win against my team ,been speaking to a lad who went down and he confirms what the reds manager said in that especially second half there was only one winner. We go onto the play offs in Jekyll and hyde form knowing we can beat any of the other contenders but equally apprehensive as we are as likely to fold at any time. Hopefully we won't be meeting you next season but good luck in the future you have been one of the best visitors to borough park in the last couple of years

Back