• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

2019 Annual Cricket match

Alex Dickinson

Legend
1874 Official
Aug 1, 2013
Our Annual Cricket match against our friends from Davenham Cricket Club has been set for Sunday 16 June. This year our Managers Paul and Wayne, have decided to alter their pre-season schedule so that all of the players will train on the morning of the cricket match before heading to the ground, to either watch from the pavilion or actually take part in the match.
We are now looking for supporters to help make up the 1874 team. If you are available and fancy the chance to represent 1874, then we would love to hear from you. Please let us know by either emailing [email protected] or by texting 07767613604 or by leaving your name on this chat page. We are aiming to start at 2pm. The bar will be open and the BBQ fired up!

Weather permitting our annual cricket match against Davenham CC is taking place this Sunday 16th June. It is a 2pm start all are welcome to watch. There will also be the usual BBQ.

Address is Butchers Stile, Hartford Road, Davenham CW9 8JG

Our team of crack cricketers is as follows:

Gary Halvorsen
Olly Dickinson
George Notman
Peter Lee
George Jones
Guy Jewell
John Coats
Cal Waters
Stewart Woolley
Harrison Woolley
Luke Bushnell-Wye

I'm just hoping Gary can stop his trousers falling down this year.

Just a quick reminder of the action that you can look forward to at Davenham. I have heard a rumour that Gary has got a belt for his trousers this year so you won`t need to worry about any dress code infringements. If you thought India v Pakistan at Old Trafford was going to be a crowd draw you ain`t seen nothin` yet so get down to Butcher`s Stile and give the lads a cheer.DSC03842.JPG

Great action shot of Gary demonstrating the technique of the Reverse Sweep Stroke (unsuccessfully on this occasion) how ever some one mentioned the correct name of the stroke shown is The Fly Swat. are their any cricket fans on the forum who can confirm what Gary is actually doing ?

L
Great action shot of Gary demonstrating the technique of the Reverse Sweep Stroke (unsuccessfully on this occasion) how ever some one mentioned the correct name of the stroke shown is The Fly Swat. are their any cricket fans on the forum who can confirm what Gary is actually doing ?

LOL - is this open season time on Gazza. This year I might even have to bowl with my demon off cutters , that’s if I am not wicket keeping. Seriously I am hoping the game will be on. The weather on Sunday is looking okay but hope to hear from DCC to confirm that the match can be played. We will be having a BBQ all vein well. Hope to see many of the 1874 at Davenham on Sunday giving support to the team and the event. I will post an update tomorrow about the game if it is on.

Back