• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

1874TV - 1874 v Darwen

Chubbs

Too much time on my hands
Jul 30, 2013
Hi Folks, tried something different with this one. A lot shorter (only goals but a longer lead up to each goal so as to get the full build up), would appreciate some constructive criticism yay or nay?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Considering this was a game that many of us (probably players included) thought was a bit of a nothing game considering Monday night, I hadn't expected many highlights.

As a general rule, I like to see the build up to goals, but also just as much the aftermath (be it crowd reaction, or players). I would just like to say that a lot of us, even match day attenders, really appreciate these highlights. I can't think of many teams at our level, let alone in the level or two above that offer the same sort of coverage for fans.

Hats off to Chris and Trev who get it sorted every week.

Last edited:
Agreed. I do look forward to highlights packages, but can appreciate that with the glut of games and the slightly more downbeat stroll towards the end of the league season the highlights are shortened to reflect this. Even if it was just this amount of highlights all the time I would still be extremely appreciative, as anything is better than nothing when you are down here!
We are extremely lucky to have such dedicated volunteers putting together these highlights week in week out, just as we should applaud the Radio 74 people who do their best to emulate Alan Green at home games. It all goes towards making us feel "together" as fans.
:scarf:

Think anything is appreciated tbh. I like to see the ground as I have an awful memory and it helps remember the grounds I've been to.
The highlights, no matter what content are much appreciated. :D.

The highlights are brilliant and I'm sure it takes a lot of effort each week to prepare them.

As someone who can't get to that many games, I really appreciate the highlights. I think they're great even if they're a bit shorter. Keep up the good work!

Back