• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

1874 v Winsford is ON

Brian

Legend
1874 Official
Aug 3, 2013
Pleased to advise that today's game is ON following a pitch inspection by the match referee

Fantastic lets spread the news and hope that loads turn up.
See you all later.
Well done to all again

yippeee !! lets get behind them from the kick off and create a good atmosphere.....

Massive congratulations to the ground crew. I know how hard you have worked to get this he on. Well done.

Disappointed with the loss but congratulations to Winsford. 500 attendamce is FANtastic, not so the sending off (10th Red?) or two saved penalties. Difficult weather conditions today and respect the lafs for digging deep whilst we showed our frustrations under the covered terrace.

500 is very impressive irrespective of the result considering 414 at Witton for their derby game against Nantwich Town and 147 at JRFC.

Last edited:
Frustrating really. We never play well on a poor pitch, its great that we made some money to keep the match on, but probalby was to the demise of our performance. Positive - we made good money on the gate. Negative - Probably should have been called off due to state of pitch not suiting our lads.

Next penalty conkie please, everyone on the half way line while he smashes it in. Chilavert style. Then he can take the free kicks too........:scarf::scarf:

Can't blame the pitch for our performance, home to both teams, seemed to me that Winsford wanted it more and deserved it.

My concerns are when will we get a good penalty taker and when will the lack of squad discipline be addressed?

Bad day at the office.
But 2 league defeats in 12 months so we cant complain.

Only worry is another Red card. Discipline is becoming an issue. Woolley is suspended now, not what we want, big player to lose to suspension.

We weren't at our best today, especially in the first half. I thought the effort was definitely there in the second half though.

Credit to Winsford for defending heroically and to their keeper for making two fine saves. The conditions were also atrocious throughout most of the game.

The officials on the whole were okay I thought. It seems like a knee-jerk reaction of some fans to blame the officials if things go wrong.

Great attendance.

The ref made mistakes, but we made more.
You can't give a team a head start, lose a man, miss two penalties & expect to get something out of the game. Especially against a well organised team like Winsford.

I daren't think what state the pitch is in now.

Frank Arthur did miss one,it was in a game of Vic's and Witton players in a match against an all star line up to raise funds towards the cost of building The Memorial Hall,the goalkeeper was?,let's see if anyone can answer that Question.

The answer is Bert Trautman,who saved it at foot of post and held it.Arthur Bateman could and did score from anywhere.Hardest hitter of a dead ball,my Dad has ever seen

That's the correct answer mark,and it was at the Water Street end.

Thanks Toddy/Mark,

I now recall that save, what a "keeper" and saved it when a "proper" ball was being used, those were the days !!.

Back