• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

1874 & the Rotary Club Swimathon

Chubbs

Too much time on my hands
Jul 30, 2013
The team from 1874 Northwich have just this evening completed the 2015 Rotary club Swimathon at Moss Farm.
The team of Callum (Barracuda) Waters, John (Backstoke King) Coats, Carol (Dori) Borley, Maggie (Nemo) Nixon and Chris (Flounder) Borley completed 144 lengths in their allotted 1hr slot - not bad considering only one swimmer is allowed in the water at once. We set a new record for our club beating our previous best by 40 odd lengths, in no small part to the efforts in particular of Mr Waters who I'm sure has gills!

Well done team '74. Now to collect the dosh. I will report the total amount raised when known. If you would like to contribute to the amount raised by the team then come and speak to either John, Carol or myself at the game on Tuesday. Just ask at the office.

This years swimathon was in aid of the Neuromuscular Centre Winsford, The Cheshire and Warrington Carers' Centre Northwich and Northwich & District Stroke Club.

Well done to you all - great effort and great result.

Chris you can now say for ever that you was once in 1874's team (your grandchildren will be well pleased!)

Back