• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

1874 Northwich v Maine Road is ON!

Jack Owen

Too much time on my hands
Aug 4, 2013
Pitch inspection passed! See you all at 3pm! Spread the word...

Won't believe it until the ref blows his whistle :)

Game on and weren’t we all pleased it was. Absolutely superb in all departments today.
A beautifully taken pen, followed by 3 excellent team goals and then a exquisite finish by Taylor to put the cherry on the Christmas cake :D.
The attitude of the team summed up by Mark Jones in the 75th min, 5-0 up, ran 50 yds back to make a treble tackle!!
Top performance boys, thank you for the entertainment :scarf:.

Absolutely echo what Blackie says; absolute quality all over the pitch today.... brilliant entertainment against a potential tough team.

Pitch looked fabulous.... same again please Boxing day.... bring your mates, mates of mates, complete strangers to cheer the boys on!!

Thank you Wayne, Paul, Phil, Chris and the boys for making it our best season to date....

Merry Christmas to all the 1874 players, fans and management team!!

A fabulous performance!! The best game I’ve seen yet. We were quality in the 2nd half. Loads of counters, switching balls and quick running.
The goals were all fabulous. Loads of good individual performances from everyone (including substitutes).
A well deserved man of the match for Taylor. 2 very good goals and good running rate.

Onwards to Boxing Day. 9 wins in a row. Brilliant! Well done to everyone involved. Keep it up

Reactions: Ben
What I thought was great to see today was that we kept going and tried to get more goals and didn't just settle for the two we got in the first half (which is something we've been guilty of a lot in the past), thought that everybody had a very solid game today but Jonah was unbelievable at everything he did

I cannot add anything more to these tribute's but to say what an incredible display of football we all were served up with today by 74.
Thanks lads and a Merry Christmas to you all.

Brilliant win.

Wondered how we’d get on after 3 weeks without a game - the answer is exactly where we left off!

Yes Andy he had a good game and was in control for the full 90, nice to see
Hopefully see you all tuesday

Also, we’re also always quick to point out bad refs on here, so worth pointing out thy today’s ref was actually a good one, let the game flow nicely.

One for the stats fans - Same ref we had at home to Barnton

Also, we’re also always quick to point out bad refs on here, so worth pointing out thy today’s ref was actually a good one, let the game flow nicely.

Agreed! Blake Antrobus is one of the best I’ve seen so far. He did very little or even nothing wrong. Fair and consistent throughout. Great use of advantage a fair few times.

Another fantastic performance and win. Probably our best of the season and good to score a few goals to boost our goal difference. A real team effort and great to see a few different names get on the scoresheet.

There are goals and entertainment in this team and we have a squad with plenty of strength and depth. I don't think this can be said about previous seasons.

What a season so far. FA Cup 3rd qualifying round - club record run. FA Vase last 32 and still going- club record run. Nine wins in a row - a club record. And still going strong in the both the county cups and league cup.

Games are coming thick and fast and there are plenty in the New Year, but there's a real opportunity to get right up near the top of the league. Win our games in hand and we can go level on points with Linnets in second. So much to play for! Paul and Wayne and all the lads can all give themselves one huge pat on the back. Exciting times ahead.

Back