• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

1874 News 1874 NORTHWICH FC V CHESTER FC

Edge

Administrator
Forum Staff
5 Game Player
Jun 24, 2013
TUESDAY 23RD JULY At Townfield Lane Barnton CW8 4LH Car parking information For all visitors to the above game the parking arrangements at the above ground are as follows: Players and match officials should park behind the club house after turning left after entering from Townfield Lane Parking for supporters is also available @ £2 ... Read more

Continue reading...

TUESDAY 23RD JULY At Townfield Lane Barnton CW8 4LH Car parking information For all visitors to the above game the parking arrangements at the above ground are as follows: Players and match officials should park behind the club house after turning left after entering from Townfield Lane Parking for supporters is also available @ £2 ... Read more

Continue reading...
Bit disappointed about the wording of the parking arrangements. Should ‘by parking in adjacent streets’ have been worded ‘when parking in adjacent streets’ ? The way it is currently phrased seems to imply that NO nearby street parking should be undertaken! If this is the ‘official’ club message, then I’m more than concerned that there is not going to be adequate car parking for the size of crowds that the move to Barnton was hoped to generate.

Thought we played OK tonight and were a match for them for most of the game
2 very dubious offsides, that resulted in goals didn’t help us
Tony will be a big loss, missing at the start of the season again, but hopefully only 2 games
Harry Cain man of the match - never stopped running
Maybe just need a bit of height at the back ?
Fingers crossed for a really good season

Bit disappointed about the wording of the parking arrangements. Should ‘by parking in adjacent streets’ have been worded ‘when parking in adjacent streets’ ? The way it is currently phrased seems to imply that NO nearby street parking should be undertaken! If this is the ‘official’ club message, then I’m more than concerned that there is not going to be adequate car parking for the size of crowds that the move to Barnton was hoped to generate.

There's 70-80 parking spots at the school alone, let alone what's at the library. When you take into account there's no residents in those spots (unlike the car park at Winsford) we probably have more spaces available now than we ever did at Winsford - it's just they're not on the doorstep of the ground unless you're willing to pay for it.

YJKucCV.gif

Last edited:
Hi Guy's
Does anyone know the 50/50 draw number from last night, My daughter bought a ticket and forgot to check it.

Thanks

Another encouraging performance last night against a team far higher in the pyramid and who played most of their first team squad.

Shame really that Tony's challenge for the penalty brought about a change in the game. I thought probably 50/50 about the penalty but really if you challenge like that you are always vulnerable to the penalty decision. Again some great football played with Harry again looking sharpest and more likely to score. I also thought Sam Hare had good half, as well as scoring our goal with a neat finish. Again Lee Jackson goes from strength to strength in the centre of the defence, especially when you consider the height of their forwards last night.

The late flurry of goals again was unjust and the final score certainly didn't reflect the whole game. Chester were worthy winners but the 3rd goal did look offside and a trademark goal from Simon Grand for the second really sealed it. A shame for our trialist goalie, as I don't think he had much chance with the goals but make a couple of good stops.

I am becoming more and more optimistic for the season ahead and enjoying the flowing football being played.

See everyone Saturday for the first serious game of the season.

On a separate note, can I say a huge well done to the board and all the volunteers last night. To cope with 361 at our first real home game was a great achievement. As always I am sure there is a bit of fine tuning for the next game, but a really enjoyable evening and I am sure Mr Coates will be counting the coppers this morning.

Well done everyone!!

Bit disappointed about the wording of the parking arrangements. Should ‘by parking in adjacent streets’ have been worded ‘when parking in adjacent streets’ ? The way it is currently phrased seems to imply that NO nearby street parking should be undertaken!

To me the full sentence (Please do not cause any upset or inconvenience to Barnton residents by parking on the nearby streets) just means "try to be considerate to those living there". If there is local parking that sounds fair enough. Obviously there is no law against on-street parking where the road allows it, but I would have thought we would aim to start our tenancy there without unduly irritating the residents who no doubt have misgivings about increased traffic etc (particularly in the light of some of their more well-documented experiences with the other lot when they played their home games there).

Back