• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

1874 News 1874 Northwich FC Team Manager

Edge

Administrator
Forum Staff
5 Game Player
Jun 24, 2013
1874 Northwich FC is looking to appoint an ambitious, forward-looking and dynamic person as the manager of our first team, currently playing in the Northern Premier League West Division.

Continue reading...

Latest update from the club

🟢 Whilst the process to recruit a new Manager is ongoing, we would like to reinforce the thanks to Matt Woolley and Mark Jones who are both fully focussed on preparing and managing the squad for Saturday's game.

Go well lads!

Huge blessing! Why go into a 6 pointer without a manager, crazy! Whole process seems to have been poorly done at present.

How quickly would you suggest we should have appointed a manager?
Would suggest the process should have been a lot quicker Jack. GoBo have been gone over three weeks now. We have two of the most important games in the next seven days and yet we’re still without a manager. I’ll be honest, I’m dreading who they’ve appointed already given how poorly the whole thing seems to have gone.

Would suggest the process should have been a lot quicker Jack. GoBo have been gone over three weeks now. We have two of the most important games in the next seven days and yet we’re still without a manager. I’ll be honest, I’m dreading who they’ve appointed already given how poorly the whole thing seems to have gone.
How could it have been quicker? We didn’t have anyone lined up and GoBo resigned unexpectedly

Sorry jack but we agree to disagree. An ad could of gone out and been closed in a week instead of over two!

Finding a replacement for Wayne and Paul is a huge decision. So id rather that the Board take their time and choose the person that they think is the best person for the job. And if you have any experience of interviewing people then you’ll know that you can offer a job to someone but it may take a few more days to sort various details out - on both sides - before you can announce the appointment publically.

And your evidence that the appointment process has been handled “poorly” is where exactly?

Sorry jack but we agree to disagree. An ad could of gone out and been closed in a week instead of over two!
Utter bollocks. It’s clear that you’ve never been involved in the appointment of anyone at a Senior position. If you had then you’d know that a process like this takes time. And given the situation we are in, it makes it doubly important that the Board make the right choice.

one issue Is the lack of obvious candidates

The Merseyside clubs just swap bosses amongst themselves, but we’re unlikely to attract another NPL manager that’s employed
The Barnton & Winsford managers don’t look a good fit
Dave Dempsey has gone to Burscough

one issue Is the lack of obvious candidates

The Merseyside clubs just swap bosses amongst themselves, but we’re unlikely to attract another NPL manager that’s employed
The Barnton & Winsford managers don’t look a good fit
Dave Dempsey has gone to Burscough
Why should Bo and Goody’s replacement be an “obvious” choice?

Why should Bo and Goody’s replacement be an “obvious” choice?
Ah, as I forecast, not an obvious candidate!

1874 Northwich FC are delighted to announce that Damian Crossley has been appointed as First Team Manager with immediate effect. Damian has proven experience at NPL level, having previously been assistant manager at Buxton, Curzon Ashton and Colne and more recently First Team Coach at Warrington Rylands.

So we appoint a manager who has never managed himself! Ridiculous appointment, glad there’s an AGM coming up!

Clubs a laughing stock

So we appoint a manager who has never managed himself! Ridiculous appointment, glad there’s an AGM coming up!

Clubs a laughing stock
Dave,
Unfortunately I can't place your face, and for that I apologise.
Please say hello at the AGM or any game and I will be happy to discuss any issues or concerns that you may have.
Regards
Stephen Richardson
Chairman

Back