• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Guardian 1874 insist FA Vase postponement 'beyond their control'

• Thread starter Northwich Guardian |
  • Start date
Having read the latest 1874 news email (which I still think are brilliant by the way, thanks to whoever does this) and reading between the lines, I hope our club officials and in particular Vicki were treated with the respect they deserve onSaturday morning by Tow Law’s officials.

I hope that excellent latest edition of the Newsletter has been made available to the Tow Law fans etc. I cannot see how we could have been more accommodating or conciliatory. Just more evidence of FA intransigence.

This quotation from their secretary defies belief on so many fronts ...

Secretary Steve Moralee said; “We were very annoyed about the lack of communication. On Friday we were told that there was a small damp patch on the pitch, but they didn’t inspect the pitch until after we had set off. We were very surprised to hear that the game was off. Our manager was already in the area and popped into the ground, and he said the problem could easily have been resolved with a couple of bags of sand. The local referee who had inspected the pitch had already gone home. But Northwich wouldn’t change their minds and ask for a second opinion."

Why on earth would we want the match postponed on a Saturday when there was no premier league football and a bumper crowd was expected?
As for the “couple of bags of sand” scenario makes me think we must be playing a pub team! When he comes down on Tuesday I suggest we lock him in a room with our stadium gang so that he can learn about groundsmanship!

Maybe we could organise a collection and present him with some gift-wrapped bags of sand for use on his own ground?

Agreed Les, a postponement was the LAST thing we wanted given our League game backlog!

I hope the comments were borne more out of frustration and disappointment at their Saturday road trip cheering on their team being ruined by the bad weather. At the end of the day we went about our business properly and we’ll have made every effort to get the game on and when that wasn’t deemed possible by the local referee (not our decision) in conjunction with the match referee and the FA we let Tow Law know in good time. If it was as simple as spreading a bag or two of sand to remedy the problem, then we’d have been directed to do so by the officials involved.

The social media comment about us only having half a team at our disposal was similarly ludicrous. Connor and Kennerley were suspended on Saturday and that situation doesn’t change on Tuesday. I’m also not aware of any crucial injury niggles that would have benefited us courtesy of a couple of extra days rest.

Finally, it now comes to light that we did the honourable thing in offering to reschedule for Saturday (we didn’t have to), but it was the FA who blocked that.

Here’s to a good game tomorrow now, played in the spirit that it deserves and whatever the result both clubs can move on in a dignified manner. Actually, I know our Board, members and supporters can ;):scarf:

After reading vickis news letter and comments from their secretary and supporter they come accross as a horrible club and horrible people.
Im so glad our club is the complete opposite to this bunch of loons.

I don't think a couple of stupid comments from two bitterly disappointed people means that their club and those involved are all horrible!
The facts are as a club we have done everything by the book with a clean conscience.
As we have learned, you travel overnight at your own risk at this level and why was a coach in West Yorks at 10am did they think it was a midday kickoff?

I don't think a couple of stupid comments from two bitterly disappointed people means that their club and those involved are all horrible!
The facts are as a club we have done everything by the book with a clean conscience.
As we have learned, you travel overnight at your own risk at this level and why was a coach in West Yorks at 10am did they think it was a midday kickoff?

Cant imagine our secretary making comments like theirs has or any board member.

Reactions: Tez
Agree, like I said, stupid comments, but not from the whole club
Agreed Mark, a couple of isolated comments on social media (presumably by disappointed fans) isn’t necessarily representative of the club’s stance - or at least I hope not :(

Back in the Drill Field days we could have arranged for a good old dose of Dane fog to further cheer them up at around 9:15 on a November evening. ;)

Equally early evening traffic on the M62 & M6.

Back in the Drill Field days we could have arranged for a good old dose of Dane fog to further cheer them up at around 9:15 on a November evening. ;)

I remember the fog coming down when we were losing i think against peterboro.But im sure it happened again but cant think who that was against.

I'm just seeing hoards of angry Yorkshiremen turning then around at the border.
Must be a gif for that somewhere?

I remember the fog coming down when we were losing i think against peterboro.But im sure it happened again but cant think who that was against.

Many times, but Peterborough was one of the more famous ones, since we beat them 4-0 (I think) in the rearranged game. I'm convinced those on the Danebank and behind the goal at the Water St end had clandestine methods of summoning it up over the grass bank.

The comments of supporters are neither here nor there as they don't give a true and even representation of the club.
The secretary is, however, a representative of the club and being in a responsible position relating to that club should know better than to post comments like these regardless of how he personally felt!!
Being involved in non league football he must realise how difficult the job can be and should have shown a greater respect to the people we have running this club who are all volunteers, perform their tasks in a correct and proper manner, and do this job for the sheer love of it!!

Back