• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

1874 Game Live Tonight

phill1983

Feb 19, 2014
Just to let you all know the Cheshire Snr Cup 2nd round tie against Tranmere Rovers is LIVE & UNINTERRUPTED and exclusive to 7 Waves Radio 92.1fm.

Obviously, not being near the Wirral, you won't get us FM, but the station is also live online via the stations online player - Simply visit www.7waves.co.uk and click "Listen Live" (Top Right)

And also you can get us on smartphone apps "Tune In" or "Radio Player"

Show starts at 7pm with full comms from 7:45

All the best
Phill (7 Waves Radio Sports Team)

Got to do my duty and go for a drink or two first, but will attempt to tune in from Prague for 2nd half. Don't tske it to extra time, we're an hour ahead here and the plan is to return for a celebratory drink or two (or to drown sorrows) after the game. Fortunately 0.5 of the local brew is only a converted 95p in the hotel bar.

Thought there was a thread somewhere with "74 on tour" photos, but can't find it. For what it's worth, here's me looking positively frozen on the Charles Bridge. I'm afraid the coat went straight back over the top after the photo.
ontour.jpg

Have just had to correct the DJ at 7Waves radio who thought Tranmere were playing Northwich Victoria.
A good opportunity for some publicity if someone at the ground could talk to their summarisers re the history of the club perhaps?
Mind you, they are having trouble getting the link up at the moment.

Good effort from the whole team last night against a very useful Tranmere team with some firts team experience. We were deep which restricted the chances for Mike Brandon, but some good support from Matty Ward, Bails and Stuart did create some chances. Have to say that Kronks made some more than decent saves.
Overall a really good showing in the CSC this season.

For me MoM was Matt C - kept us in the game during the first half with some mighty fine saves, thought we were much better 2nd half when we committed more men forward to support Mike B, great performance in terms of effort and committment, but (as expected) Tranmere had that little bit of extra quality which shone through; Stu nearly scored with a thunderbold freekick which eluded the Tranmere gk (how big was he??.. nearly banged his head on the crossbar when he stood under it!!) and why wasn't their defender sent off when pulling down Mike B in the first half when he was 5 yrds outside the box as the last man (goalscoring opportunity)??

Being honest, the better team won on the night, but we weren't at full strength, missing players through being cup tied / work committment i think we represented the club well both on and off the field, good turn out from the '74 army on a wet and miserable Wednesday night.... good workout which should put us in an excellent position to give Formby a good run for their money on Saturday..... we owe them one from the recent game at Burscough.... need to ensure Craig wears some ear protectors if their number 9 is playing again!!

:scarf:

For me MoM was Matt C - kept us in the game during the first half with some mighty fine saves, thought we were much better 2nd half when we committed more men forward to support Mike B, great performance in terms of effort and committment, but (as expected) Tranmere had that little bit of extra quality which shone through; Stu nearly scored with a thunderbold freekick which eluded the Tranmere gk (how big was he??.. nearly banged his head on the crossbar when he stood under it!!) and why wasn't their defender sent off when pulling down Mike B in the first half when he was 5 yrds outside the box as the last man (goalscoring opportunity)??

Being honest, the better team won on the night, but we weren't at full strength, missing players through being cup tied / work committment i think we represented the club well both on and off the field, good turn out from the '74 army on a wet and miserable Wednesday night.... good workout which should put us in an excellent position to give Formby a good run for their money on Saturday..... we owe them one from the recent game at Burscough.... need to ensure Craig wears some ear protectors if their number 9 is playing again!!

:scarf:

I think the 9 would need a gum shield if he tried that again

Got to do my duty and go for a drink or two first, but will attempt to tune in from Prague for 2nd half. Don't tske it to extra time, we're an hour ahead here and the plan is to return for a celebratory drink or two (or to drown sorrows) after the game. Fortunately 0.5 of the local brew is only a converted 95p in the hotel bar.

Thought there was a thread somewhere with "74 on tour" photos, but can't find it. For what it's worth, here's me looking positively frozen on the Charles Bridge. I'm afraid the coat went straight back over the top after the photo.
View attachment 58

Tough gig Alan, but I suppose someone had to do it!

View attachment 58

Are you modelling the new '1874 Straight Jacket'?

:) Hiding a rather large padded coat behind me. It's a bit nippy.

Back