• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

1874 0-4 Bootle

I dont see Sam as a big miss. He is clearly not fit, hence why he was substituted in the first half at Clitheroe

The most pressing problem as I see it is with midfield and Sam is not the answer. We need to recruit someone with a bit more experiance to play alongside Matt Woolley in midfield (assuming Matt picks himself as interim manager)

Most games are won by the team who wins the battle in midfield and at the moment we cannot compete as a team in that area of the pitch

We also need more quality in other areas of the pitch, but I won’t go into that too much, as we all know where the team needs to be strengthened.

I cannot fault the team effort against Bootle last Saturday - much better performance than what we saw at Clitheroe. Bootle were clearly much better that 1874 but the score line flattered them somewhat, even though we didn’t create many chances in front of goal.

Our current squad lacks experience and depth and I do feel for both Matt and Jonah having to cope with that. All we can do is to carry on giving the team our full support.
We're obviously watching completely different players with Sam then because he is exactly what we need in the centre of midfield with Woolley, he's big, strong, physical and can carry the ball forward with ease and there is nobody else in our midfield that can do that, the issue is that he has been put at number 10 a number of times due to our insistence of playing a lone striker up front which has left us lightweight in CM as although both Matt and Lucas are very good footballers with the ball at their feet their don't have the physicality we need, in a perfect world I would have played a midfield three of Woolley at CDM with Sam and Jack Irlam in front at CM but obviously that now isn't an option

Back