• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

1874 0-1 Prescot Cables

MarkDavies89

Legend
Aug 4, 2023
Another game where we can safely say that we deserved at least a point.
After a flat first half, we dominated the second and had several chances to at least take a draw.
Another scrappy goal conceded. So frustrating that it's the undeserved ones that go in.

It did not look like we were playing against a team challenging for the title. A tough couple of games coming up, but we really need to snap this winless streak.

Really good atmosphere in the 2nd half from the Riff Raff and the shed.

Onwards to Vics and a possible final.

Definitely deserved a point today with a makeshift team. A slow start and another sloppy goal cost us. We need a 90 minute performance and get in front rather than chasing a game and having it all to do. The better side in the second half and created more chances than we’ve managed in a while. Joel denied well by their keeper when through on goal. Thought he did a good job up front. Max at centre half did well also.

We did make a side second in the league look ordinary at times. The best we’ve played in a while and some reasons for encouragement but ultimately another defeat. If only we’d started the game like that. Felt rather like the Witton game at the end.

Got to start picking up some points by cutting out the errors and scoring goals. Unfortunately results didn’t go our way today and we find ourselves further adrift at the bottom. This needs to change soon before it’s too late but some positives and hopefully take this into the Vics and Chasetown games.

Doesn’t help having all the injuries to key players and get them back and bring in a few reinforcements and fingers crossed the results will start coming.

Definitely deserved a point today with a makeshift team. A slow start and another sloppy goal cost us. We need a 90 minute performance and get in front rather than chasing a game and having it all to do. The better side in the second half and created more chances than we’ve managed in a while. Joel denied well by their keeper when through on goal. Thought he did a good job up front. Max at centre half did well also.

We did make a side second in the league look ordinary at times. The best we’ve played in a while and some reasons for encouragement but ultimately another defeat. If only we’d started the game like that. Felt rather like the Witton game at the end.

Got to start picking up some points by cutting out the errors and scoring goals. Unfortunately results didn’t go our way today and we find ourselves further adrift at the bottom. This needs to change soon before it’s too late but some positives and hopefully take this into the Vics and Chasetown games.

Doesn’t help having all the injuries to key players and get them back and bring in a few reinforcements and fingers crossed the results will start coming.
Couldn’t sum it up better myself. So I won’t try…..

Reactions: Ben
Yes agreed we more than matched them second half and should have taken a point, great effort from all the team but special mention for max he did well considering he was out of position.
A little bit of luck wouldn't go amiss either.

OMG I tip my hat to Max.

What a great game he played today and yes I was as surprised as probably 95% of our fans. Perhaps it is worth another try in this position.

There were other great performances also from Jack and Eric.

I don't often get animated but there was an offside given against Joel in the second half that was incorrect and again could have changed it for us. The difference today was we had some good chances and on another day they could have gone our way but when you are down in relegation zone things seem to go against you.

The whole team today gave everything and I came away proud rather than disappointed. Play like that and with a couple more players back we'll be fine.

On to the next game without the pressure of points.

See everyone there.

Agree with everything already said, we more than matched a team second in the league and had chances to take at least a point, i was not optimistic in the slightest when I saw the lineup but I thought Max was brilliant at CB and it's a good option to have if we need to do it again in the future, I thought we looked much better with Joel up front and he's a handful for defenders with his movement but I really wish we would change this formation of 1 up front because the striker gets far too isolated, I thought that Eric at 10 worked hard but was dragged back into his own half defensively which left Joel isolated, I'd love to see us go with more of a two up front as we have a choice of Joel, Max and Matty so why don't we give the opposition defenders something to think about instead of making it easy for them

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Nothing much more I can add to previous comments.
Just a special mention to Max who was brilliant in a defensive role and Joel in attack (looks a promising lad) and Jack who had a good game. An excellent effort esp second half but sadly another defeat. It’s going to be hard to get out of the relegation places as teams above are all picking up points. Is it 11 or 12 games without a win now ?

For probably the first time this season I could see how we were looking to score.
Fagan twice got in the box and got shots away
Through balls for Jones to run onto which drew saves and tight offsides
Jamal & Jamie tighter to Jones as well so the 9 isn't so isolated
Some poor dead balls though

And all that with a huge injury list

Reactions: Tez
Another game where we can safely say that we deserved at least a point.
After a flat first half, we dominated the second and had several chances to at least take a draw.
Another scrappy goal conceded. So frustrating that it's the undeserved ones that go in.

It did not look like we were playing against a team challenging for the title. A tough couple of games coming up, but we really need to snap this winless streak.

Really good atmosphere in the 2nd half from the Riff Raff and the shed.

Onwards to Vics and a possible final.
For probably the first time this season I could see how we were looking to score.
Fagan twice got in the box and got shots away
Through balls for Jones to run onto which drew saves and tight offsides
Jamal & Jamie tighter to Jones as well so the 9 isn't so isolated
Some poor dead balls though

And all that with a huge injury list
What a load of bullshit, your all the same could of, would of, should of, got back under your rocks you inbred ****s

What a load of bullshit, your all the same could of, would of, should of, got back under your rocks you inbred ****s
*You're
**Could have
***Would have
****Should have
*****Get

And then there's the horrendous lack of punctuation on top of that as well.

Please learn English before commenting in future.

*You're
**Could have
***Would have
****Should have
*****Get

And then there's the horrendous lack of punctuation on top of that as well.

Please learn English before commenting in future.
Please learn English 🤣 who gives a **** about English, inbreds alls I need to know how to spell 😉

Back