• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Assuming that the attendance is correct and at an optimistic £7 per head, by my reckoning that will just about cover the rental - for one game!

So, where is the money coming from to fund the wage bill and other expenses that we know arise from running a football club?

Ok, even if we are being kind to them and taking tonight's weather into consideration, believing that the figure they say is true and the fact that it is still holiday time, 141 for the first game back in Northwich for NVFC is a pretty p**s poor response from the 'silent majority' that the JRFC apologists kept on telling us were in the background and would come back to support the cause when they came back to Northwich.

As most of us suspected, that was the usual JR / Colon/ Dew-drop / Nuttall bluster .

The good thing about them being back in town is that they now have no shelter to hide from.

JR is reputed as saying that if only 5 people turn up the games will still go ahead.

So what is a football club for? Surely it is something that is part of the community? A business that needs to at least try to balance the books? Something for local people, fans and supporters to get behind?
If their aim and purpose is none of these things, which it doesn't appear to have been for a long time, what is the purpose?
The current fans seem happy with how things are, feeling like they are part of a little clique. But how sustainable is NVFC? It has to end at some point, whether it is in one year or ten because no business can continue to be run like this.

well the 141 must have all been stood behind the camera, because there is nobody else there! (and only 3 or 4 singing!) .... not even a drum!! :scarf:;)

There was never 141 people there, but even if there was those few fans must be so disappointed with that attendance. It isn't far off what they claimed to get at Flixton. Jim Rushe won't care though, is getting people through the gate why he owns the football club?

The biggest problem with inflating gates is when there's an incident involving the emergency services. Say for example there's a fire, everyone is evacuated, the fire service ask for the attendance and told 141 but only 48 have been accounted for... Do I need to say anymore?

I'm sure it's a legal requirement to report exact figures, this is something Witton need to look into.

The biggest problem with inflating gates is when there's an incident involving the emergency services. Say for example there's a fire, everyone is evacuated, the fire service ask for the attendance and told 141 but only 48 have been accounted for... Do I need to say anymore?

I'm sure it's a legal requirement to report exact figures, this is something Witton need to look into.

Just spoken to a fervent life long WAFC supporter who told me that the claim of 141 is ridiculous as there was no where near that number, told him to start taking notes of ACTUAL paying attendees, but he say's that there may have been according to the NVFC method of accounting !!.

Don't NVFC include both teams, match officials, managers physios etc in the count? Also I think they include shadows hence the higher gate at night games as there are several floodlights pylons.

I was having my daily read of 'The Senior Citizens Guide to Einstein' over lunch and I had one of those blinding moments of genius that only happen once or twice in a lifetime.

E=MC(2)

Where E = the Evostik game attendance, M = the total membership of the jrfc sup ass (past, present and dead) and C = the real number of customers paying at the gate then work it out for yourselves -
E (141) = 20 + C(11) squared (121).

Don't anybody try tell me that is mere coincidence because I won't believe you.

I believe that Jupiter was aligned with Saturn in the Third Age of Aquarius which would make up the additional 20 and therefore 141.

QED

141 x £7 = rent + (wages x 2 weeks)

Back