• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

vs Nelson

Jack Owen

Too much time on my hands
Aug 4, 2013
1874 will go in to this 2nd vs 3rd clash on their best form yet, the last five games has seen Northwich win all 5, scoring 17 goals and not conceding one.

Mike Brandon has been ever present as always scoring 6 in the last 5 and newcomer Daley Woods has also scored 3 in 3.

Matty Ward is the talk of the fans at the minute and has collected 3 man of the match awards in 7 days, just showing what a vital part of the 1874 team he is.

Nelson's manager, Mark Fell, has won the November manager of the month award, this usually comes with a curse, but lets not speak to soon.

Nelson will be without Midfielder Sakeel Abdullah, impressive vs 1874 for Daisy Hill back in August, who misses the game through suspension.

1874 team from:
GK- Conkie

DEFENCE - Ryan Mitchell, Craig Farnworth, Danny Thomas, Paul Bowyer, Lee Duckworth, Dave Tickle

MIDFIELD - Ste Crane, Lee Jones, Rick Bailey, Ryan Stewart, Stuart Wellstead, Matty Ward and Daley Woods

ATTACK - Mike Brandon and Dean McGregor

Top Scorer: Mike Brandon (22)

LAST TIME OUT:
1874 Northwich 3-0 Chadderton

http://www.1874northwich.com/1874-news/another-good-day-for-1874

Report by Brian Edge

Last edited:
Lets hope for a really good turnout to get behind the lads.

A case of the irresistable force against the immovable objects methinks.

Nelson scoring for fun - 64 goals in just 19 league games - whilst Ian Street's men have conceded 19 in 20 outings.

Wouldn't like to call this one, but a massive 1874 following to cheer the lads on could make all the difference.

So I'd urge all fans to forget the Christmas shopping and get yourself to 'Little Wembley'!

They may be scoring goals for fun, but they have also conceded 35 goals so far. So hopefully it will be a good game with plenty of goals........with us scoring most of them. ;)

hope we sort out our goalkeeping problem out before then LOL!!!!!

There isn't a goalkeeping problem just an opinion about Matt Conkie having a weakness with his kicking.

Matt is a great keeper just not 100% what he could be.

josh we are playing in the NWCL
I don't think any of the players are 100% what they COULD be
but im sure they are giving 100%

I can't help but think this is nit picking at best, if his kicking is all we can come up with to critise any goalkeeper over hees clearly doing a good job. He won the goalkeeper of the month award, he's quality for us

I don't think we could get joe hart to come to 1874 for the money we are offering
but then again he wouldn't please everybody he's a bit dodgy coming charging of his line

Nelson fan in peace here, promises to be an absolute cracker this. You'll have noticed we've signed 2 today who are good players to replace the suspended 2 we have. How many will be travelling up from your end? I'd expect our biggest turnout, probably 100+ Nelson fans

Nelson fan in peace here, promises to be an absolute cracker this. You'll have noticed we've signed 2 today who are good players to replace the suspended 2 we have. How many will be travelling up from your end? I'd expect our biggest turnout, probably 100+ Nelson fans

For a game as big as this you can expect our usual 100 away fans maybe more,

Should be a great game if the weather holds out!

See you tomorrow.

Back